Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this is a long story lol, but here goes!

I purchased a t-shirt on eBay for my brother for Xmas. The seller I bought it from sells loads of t-shirts with logos/transfers on them. I did a B.I.N on a "Jack Bauer" one, then I realised I had bought the wrong Jack Bauer t-shirt! (They were quite similiar looking).

Anyway, before anyone has a go at me lol :ashamed I absolutely understand that if you buy something on eBay, you HAVE to pay for it. I get that! It was no biggie if it was the wrong tee, but I contacted the seller anyway, just to see if they could send me the other one instead...

They agreed. But instead of me just paying for the wrong tee, and them sending out the other, the seller created a whole new auction for me and said it wasn't a problem. So naturally I paid STRAIGHT away, and thought the seller just "cancelled" the other transaction!

He didn't! And now I keep getting unpaid notices and the seller won't answer my emails! I don't want a strike against me because of a misunderstanding! :(

What should I do?! The seller made it clear that it wasn't a problem to pay for the tee I MEANT to buy and now I'm being ignored! :( I even thought of just buying the other damn tee then returning it, for the sake of clearing things up!

Also do you know if, to get a reminder from eBay, that the seller would have to physically inform eBay that I did not pay? Or is it just an automatic thing? I'm really annoyed if it turns out THEY reported ME, because they are not returning my emails? :(

P.S They even gave me positive feedback so Im really confused lol

· Premium Member
34,067 Posts
The seller has to physically close the dispute and request their final value fee back, if they don't ever close it and issue a strike, they don't get it and nothing happens. Are you sure you aren't getting MUTUAL AGREEMENT notice?

· Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Idalis: it's def. not a mutual agreement, I probably wouldn't be so worried if it was! The email I received from eBay today says "eBay Unpaid Item Reminder" right across the top :(

Because I replied to it (by trying to explain what had happened), have I unwittingly escalated the reminder into a claim?! :( I don't have a clue about these type of things, having never been in this situation before!

Katie: how do you go about finding out the sellers phone no? I'll probably give him a few days to reply to this email before I phone him! Hopefully, it wont get that!

· Registered
4,290 Posts
i believe the unpaid item reminder is an automatic system. As i understand the seller hasn’t opened a dispute, but i think they will have to do so in order to get their selling fees back. Then you will have the chance to mutually withdrawal and give each other neutral feedback. I guess they can still leave negative on this transaction. I hope you can work it out, get the right shirt and make your brother happy! :)

· Registered
4,473 Posts
i believe the unpaid item reminder is an automatic system. As i understand the seller hasn’t opened a dispute, but i think they will have to do so in order to get their selling fees back. Then you will have the chance to mutually withdrawal and give each other neutral feedback. I guess they can still leave negative on this transaction. I hope you can work it out, get the right shirt and make your brother happy! :)
I don't think it is automatic. When buyers don't pay for my things, nothing will happen unless I report it and file an unpaid item dispute. When I open the dispute, it sends the buyer a friendly unpaid item reminder and then if they don't pay after 7 days or something, then the buyer gets an unpaid item Strike, and I will get my final value fee back.

· Registered
3,422 Posts
Katie: how do you go about finding out the sellers phone no? I'll probably give him a few days to reply to this email before I phone him! Hopefully, it wont get that!
i don't know if you can do it online but the last time i did it, i called paypal for it. they gave me whatever was on file.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.