Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are 2 hayden harnett purses that I have my eye on but i know nothing of this brand. When I did an Ebay search, the 2 that I am interested in go for much more than what I'm getting them for.

One is the Ana Satchel in a beige color
The other is Triple pocket mercer satchel in indigo

Anyone know much about these? Should I go for it?

I've put my boot obsession to the side for now, so now I have a purse obsession :roll

·
Registered
5,951 Posts
I have 3 of their purses, and IMO they are great! They are super soft.

I say go for it, especially if it's a good price.:)

·
Registered
8,234 Posts
Good price. They're very soft, though the craftmanship is not very good (heck, I'm before exams, I totally can't articulate myself! Ack!!! :madbeating) Meaning they're not made very carefully, some stitches and edges are uneven, and glued together straps tend to come apart. It's not very obvious, and they're still gorgeous! :headspin At least mine is! :D

·
Premium Member
10,278 Posts
I have 4 of them and i love them too. Jenn the hobo bags we have are not as sturdy as my other bags i will agree. My other three bags are impeccable, maybe thats why the hobos were on sale so cheap. Alex thats a great deal and i'd go for it if i were you.

·
Registered
8,234 Posts
I have 4 of them and i love them too. Jenn the hobo bags we have are not as sturdy as my other bags i will agree. My other three bags are impeccable, maybe thats why the hobos were on sale so cheap. Alex thats a great deal and i'd go for it if i were you.
Good point! They're still very pretty, in any case. I love mine!! :love:love:love (and you for enabling me! :love:love:love)

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
I like my black mercer a lot. The leather is nice quality.

I also got a poppy bag and don't like that one as much. The leather is thinner and not as good quality. On both though, they are stitched well not glued.

·
Registered
8,234 Posts
I like my black mercer a lot. The leather is nice quality.

I also got a poppy bag and don't like that one as much. The leather is thinner and not as good quality. On both though, they are stitched well not glued.
I meant the tassels, not the straps (couldn't remember the correct term :madbeating). Are those stitched on yours? I want mine to be stitched too. :( Two of them came already separated. :twitch

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for your feedback ladies. I am going to go for it! I don't have any pocketbooks in either of those colors so I'm quite excited now! :) :)

:madbeating now i have to stop shopping.:madbeating

·
Denim Goddess
7,927 Posts
Yikes Alex...I've heard bad reviews of that specific Mercer Satchel- do a search on the purse forum to see why. I heard the croc trim peeled & the satchel design was not great for keeping your stuff in.
I love HH in general, though!

·
Registered
13,747 Posts
I love love love the 3 that I have! Out of the ones you posted I have the Ana and it's wonderful - you can fit so much in it but it doesn't look ridiculously big.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yikes Alex...I've heard bad reviews of that specific Mercer Satchel- do a search on the purse forum to see why. I heard the croc trim peeled & the satchel design was not great for keeping your stuff in.
I love HH in general, though!
Thanks for the heads up Jess. I tried getting on that forum yesterday but the stie was down. I already bought it though :bigeyes but I know what to look out for.

I love love love the 3 that I have! Out of the ones you posted I have the Ana and it's wonderful - you can fit so much in it but it doesn't look ridiculously big.
I loved that Ana style and I love big bags, especially with the kids because I always end up with their stuff in my bags :rolleyes: I'm very excited to get that one! :) :)

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
I meant the tassels, not the straps (couldn't remember the correct term :madbeating). Are those stitched on yours? I want mine to be stitched too. :( Two of them came already separated. :twitch
I didn't see this thread before!
Jenn, my tassles on my hobos are crap too! Mine were also glued and came apart and fraying on the edges... but I still love the bag and use it everyday!

Alex, $150 for those 2 bags are a great deal! I want another one!

·
Registered
8,234 Posts
I didn't see this thread before!
Jenn, my tassles on my hobos are crap too! Mine were also glued and came apart and fraying on the edges... but I still love the bag and use it everyday!
Same here! :D

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I have the Ana bag in Olive and love it. It's big, but not too big. I use it all time since I bought it in September.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts