Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Their prices seem a little to good to be true. Has anyone bought from this company or heard of them at all. I want to order flea meds for my cats but I don't want to get fakes. The site says they are in Canada.

Pet Supplies - Home

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
I've found if you buy Advantage from another country its not as effective. There are country codes on it. I bought some Australian stuff from ebay and it didn't really work on my cats.

I'm not sure about Canada, tho.

Good prices - I just saw the 4 pack cat stuff at Petco for 50.99. What a fuckin ripoff.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I use the australian stuff from petshed.com, and it seems to work fine on my animals. I have to use it more often, because I have a massive cat, and because the weather has caused fleas to be HORRIBLE here in ATX.

-P

·
Registered
330 Posts
This is a great post! I don't know about the link, but my vet told me NOT to buy from petmeds.com because they don't carry authentic goods -- who knew Advantage was being faked?? Anyway -- she also said that they often don't get the dosage correct which can lead to ODing the animal and making them sick :mad:

I have a dog and 2 cats though and need to keep them on Advantage. I'd love to know of a place that sells it a little cheaper than my vet.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is a great post! I don't know about the link, but my vet told me NOT to buy from petmeds.com because they don't carry authentic goods -- who knew Advantage was being faked?? Anyway -- she also said that they often don't get the dosage correct which can lead to ODing the animal and making them sick :mad:

I have a dog and 2 cats though and need to keep them on Advantage. I'd love to know of a place that sells it a little cheaper than my vet.
Did your vet tell you where to buy the drugs besides from them? They do make money from the products they carry. My vet really didn't want to write me a perscription so I could get them elsewhere.

·
Registered
330 Posts
She didn't say where to get them, she just said NOT to get them from PetMeds.com -- and yeah... they do make a good profit on that stuff. I know there are places that sell them for way less, I just don't want to poison my babies :eyebug

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
I have gotten flea meds from entirelypets.com, as well as some other goodies and have always been completely satisfied.

EDITED to add: I don't think I'd ever buy heartworm meds or and other Rx meds online. I'll just pay extra to get it from my vet. At least then, I know what I'm getting. JMHO though.

·
Registered
23,935 Posts
1800PetMeds.com - America's Pet Medication and Pet Health Resource

That place DOES NOT SELL FAKES. Any vet who is saying that is just trying to keep the money in his own pocket. I have purchased from PetMeds and have NEVER gotten fakes. Vets say shit like that because they make a HUGE profit on meds--especially the flea stuff--and 1-800-Petmeds is putting a huge dent in their pocket.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1800PetMeds.com - America's Pet Medication and Pet Health Resource

That place DOES NOT SELL FAKES. Any vet who is saying that is just trying to keep the money in his own pocket. I have purchased from PetMeds and have NEVER gotten fakes. Vets say shit like that because they make a HUGE profit on meds--especially the flea stuff--and 1-800-Petmeds is putting a huge dent in their pocket.
My vet didn't want to write a scrip either. When I bought the stuff from them I didn't need to get an exam for the cats. They would just sell it to me. I took them to get their shots and asked for a scrip and I was told that in order to get that they would all need flea exams.:shake

·
Registered
330 Posts
I dunno -- just telling you what she said to me -- she did say that there were places online where good quality flea control (Advantage, Advantix, Frontline, etc) could be purchased. She just said that PetMeds doesn't have the real deal and some of it is manufactured out of the country and doesn't have the right ingredients or the right strength :IDK She also gave me a free sample size for our newly adopted pup :love Soo... I don't know.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There is no freakin way any of my cats would tolerate those things on them.:rofl They would fall down and roll or walk sideways.

·
Registered
23,935 Posts
The little packet of gel, that you rub on the kitty's neck works wonderful. I bought a huge supply from 1-800-PETMEDS and it was fantastic. NOT FAKE, not watered down, etc.

I would imagine that any company who has to compete with them would say bad things about Pet Meds as they are the freaking Wal Mart of pet medicines.

·
Registered
330 Posts
That site that Dana and Kate posted was pretty cheap too -- I didn't look at PetMeds to see if the comparison was accurate or not... but they had PetMed prices listed and theirs were lower.

I think before I buy them from any of the sites though I'll send off a quick email to ask where they manufacture their supplies (or where they get them) and if they are of the same "recipe" that Vets have. Just to be safe.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts