Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to do a trial throughout school for my project. I'm going to take GNC's Hair, Skin and Nail Vitamin, Biotin 300mg (6 times a day), Fish Oil, Vitamin D & E, Folic Acid, and MSM. All within safe doses of course. I will increase my protein intake by adding one extra full protein a day. Once I week I am going to use wild hair growth oil on my scalp (it's just a moisturizer that conditions you scalp) and I'm going to wash my hair every 3 days.
My counterpart is going to take no vitamins, wash her hair daily and basically just be a normal person (lol).
We are going to take pictures every month. We have till May of next year to complete this. I think we are just going to do this for 4 months. Our class is a part 1 and part 2.
It's part of the, does this really work myth project we have. (I honestly couldn't explain it good).
So if you want I'll keep updating this post with pictures every month before I dye my roots and let you know if it works.
I did a little search on here and saw it posted a few times!

Any other hair growing tips out there?

·
Banned
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought rogain was just for hair regrowth? I actually read it can make your hair fall out if you stop using it. I don't use Nioxin either the smell knocks me out.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Believe it or not mane and tail shampoo and conditioner. Before I was straighting treated I used this and my roots came in so fast I couldn't use it anymore cause I couldn't keep up with them.

·
Registered
8,234 Posts
AFAIK only biotin has some effect.

How exactly are you going to document the progress? Are you going to measure in specific time frames and not cutting your hair until the end?

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
^^ that's what i was thinking? how are you going to measure??

also, just to note that everyone's hair grows at a different pace anyway :magwink

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
I took Shen Min when my hair was falling and it really helped it to grow fast. It was not all in my mind, a lot of people commented on how my hair was growing...one said "like wildfire".

·
Banned
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
True about peoples hair growing at different paces.
We are both not cutting our hair but every month (We are both blonde) we'll have to retouch our roots. So we are going to measure the regrowth and then take pictures. I dunno it was our best idea for this research on products project we had.

Maybe I'll add in Mane & Tail shampoo. I used that stuff before.

·
Premium Member
12,018 Posts
People's hair grow at different rates.... If you are doing a real "scientific" study, you will need a much larger control and test group than just 1 person. Also, remembering to take all those vitamins daily, altering your diet, etc. etc., for 4 months is just plain cumbersome. I would never use myself as a guinea pig.

What other options do you have? What kind of project is this supposed to be?

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
I used to use Mane + Tail back in my youth and my hair was really shiny...but never noticed it growing any faster. Anything out there to stop your hair from growing fast? I swear I have enough hair for 3 people...

·
Banned
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's some really stupid marketing class. So they wanted us to do, does it really work myth busters. So we choose the hair growth one.
One of the girls in my class wanted to prove boob enhancing cream worked...... :madbeating

·
Banned
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Blaine? Whats Blaine?

No it's a local community college. It was a blow off course I needed for so many credits in human resources.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts