Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
5,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've finally buckled down and took all of my non-premium denims out of my closet (mainly to make room for my new purchases) and have decided to sell them. Quick question before I sell my childhood :( ... have they faked Hollister and Abercrombie & Fitch jeans?

I wanted to make sure, hopefully they don't. That's low.

Awww.... these jeans date back to highschool (keep in mind that was only five years ago) and I couldn't get back into these jeans if my life depended on it. << I would keep them if I could!

BTW, as I was looking through ebay for HCO & AF info, I stumbled across an auction for a HCO gift card worth $267 and it's bid is at $245. Am I the only one that thinks that's strange?

· Registered
6,714 Posts
Good luck selling them! After a few disappointing auctions, I ended up giving all my Gap jeans away. . .and they weren't the cheap Gap jeans either. I toyed with the idea of keeping them for a season but all they ended up doing was taking up space. Buh Bye, Non Premium. . .Hello, Addiction!!!!

· Registered
1,608 Posts
I just did the exact same thing. Over 10 pairs of old jeans all from high school and college...I need to take pictures before I get rid of them to show you all what a hot mess my denim collection was before I met R&R (it's sad...but mostly embarrassing, I don't know why I thought no pockets made my butt look good). Anyways, a Goodwill bus is driving through our neighborhood so I'm going to drop it off there. They are too old and worn to make me much a profit, so I might as well give them to girls who actually need clothing.

· Banned
21,196 Posts
The ones that were in decent condition I sold off to consignment stores, the rest are sitting at home (since I live on campus mostly, whenever I go home I'm usually too lazy to bring clothes, so I'll wear some of my bummin jeans since I keep ALL my premium at school)

· Registered
5,041 Posts
^A&F stuff (and now Hollister) is heavily faked coming out of Asia. I once bought a North Face vest off of ebay for my brother and yup, it was fake. I don't think anything surprises me anymore in terms of what is faked nowadays.

Oh and as for donating- yes yes yes! But do some legwork and look into local charities, church organizations, YMCAs, women's organization that do clothing drives. Unfortunately a lot of those "drop off bins" you see in parking lots are actually scams in a way. They did a big expose in North Jersey on some bin companies and found out that the people were sorting out the expensive/nice items to sell or keep for themselves and passing on only the "eh" clothing to the charities. Disgusting. I used to drop off clothes all the time at a bin in my town that was run by an independent company. I was shocked and upset when I found out my donations weren't going to people who could actually use them!! I would just make sure that if the bin is sponsored by a reputable organization if you choose to go that route.

Also, don't forget you can get tax write offs for in-person donations! If you don't qualify for the standard deduction this is a route you might want to explore.
You can save big tax dollars donating your old clothing or other household stuff.

Sorry for the long post but I'm big on donating stuff and I just want to make sure people are informed about how to do it the right way. :)

· Registered
2,975 Posts
I finally have let go of most of mine too! All that is left is a pair of Gap for bumming, ATV riding, ect. It was kind of hard to let them go. They were all still like new and not cheap! I tried the ebay thing and all I could get rid of was 3 pairs. Ended up taking them all to Goodwill along with the fakes I ended up with, after I ripped out all tags and took a sharpie to the inside!lol

· Registered
5,251 Posts
^Under Numero10 - Excellent post I saw a story on 20/20 about that! Disgusting people stealing stuff! A good charity is One Warm Coat. Though they mainly take coats especially with winter coming up, they can also take other clothes as well to give to people to keep warm during the winter.

· Registered
5,826 Posts
I still wear some non-premium denim...a pair of RL jeans from 7 years ago :D They're sooo comfy and fit me well. I agree that donating your old jeans is a great idea. If you're looking to sell, however, maybe you can sell them all together as a lot of 10 or however many jeans you have :)

· Registered
1,501 Posts
I donated all of my non-premium denim except for 2 pairs of Banana Republic ones... I wasn't even gonna try to sell my Guess and Buffalo!

· Registered
2,647 Posts
I had a very small collection of non premium, but I took it to Plato's closet and they took all of it! Normally I donate all of my clothes and household items, but in this case, because they were decent jeans, I wanted to get something out of it and I'm happy I did because I got a pretty good chunk of change. I just donated my son's entire clothing collection that he's grown out of to a friend who already has 3 kids and just had twin boys. She was so excited about the bags and bags of baby clothes. And it made me so happy that I could give it to a friend in need. :)

· Registered
23,935 Posts
Abercrombie and Hollister are HIGHLY faked! But they sell very well on eBay! The real ones, I mean!

· Registered
508 Posts
I still have some A&F jeans from 4 or so years ago. I can't bear to part with them, they are sooo comfy and fit perfectly. I still wear them around alot, since most of my premium denim is hemmed for heels, and these are short enough to wear with flats or sneakers.

A&F/HCO jeans used to command quite a bit on ebay, but I think that stopped a few years ago along with the invasion of the fakes. I would just donate them. I'm sure there is a teenage girl out there who would love to have those jeans, and can't afford the $70+ for new ones :p

· Registered
6,721 Posts
When I was first getting into premium and wasn't into having all of the A&F shirts/jeans anymore, I sold it all as a big lot on ebay and made some decent cash. (Edit - this was 3+ years ago.) If you are trying to sell less popular brands, its best to just donate.
Numero, did you hear anything about Planet Aid bins? I have just been dropping off my donations there since there is one across the street from where I work. Its horrible - people here have gotten in trouble for dumpster diving the Goodwill bins.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.