Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm coming to the end of my moisturiser and would like to try something new.
I have combination skin and get one or two spots, due to hormones i guess, at certain times of the month.

Anybody got any recommendations?:)

·
Denim Goddess
7,927 Posts

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ooh they look nice! I'm gonna go and have a look for them now! Thank-you!:)

·
Registered
8,234 Posts
La Roche Posay Toleriane Fluid or Cream.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I like DDF Ultra Light Moisturizing Dew

·
Registered
8,234 Posts
Neutrogena face lotion with spf and dove sensitive spf 15 face cream.
The problem with those is that you need to apply 1/4 tsp (that is a lot, much more than you'd usually use) to get the labelled protection. To put a better sunscreen on top doesn't work, as the Neutrogena s/s is chemical. And chemical protection does not add up, so you only get the protection of the one you applied first.
So best either use a better sunscreen instead of moisturizer, or a basic moisturizer with s/s on top. :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
The problem with those is that you need to apply 1/4 tsp (that is a lot, much more than you'd usually use) to get the labelled protection. To put a better sunscreen on top doesn't work, as the Neutrogena s/s is chemical. And chemical protection does not add up, so you only get the protection of the one you applied first.
So best either use a better sunscreen instead of moisturizer, or a basic moisturizer with s/s on top. :)
I never realized that 1/4 tsp was needed to get the labelled protection, even though I use about 1 tbsp on my face, neck, and part of my chest.

·
Registered
8,234 Posts
If you ask me, the whole cosmetics industry is foul. There is so much important information that is not passed on to consumers. :shake The amount of sunscreen needed to get the labelled protection is definitely one missing piece of information that has bothered me for years now. :madbeating

·
Registered
5 Posts
I too have combination skin (it's the bane of my existence!) and I would recommend either Cetaphil or Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. However, the best piece of advice I can give you is to make sure you use toner. A good one will both give moisture where necessary and de-flake without making your skin oily. I like C.O. Bigelow Rose Water Skin Tonic (you can get it at Bath & Body Works).

·
Registered
246 Posts
However, the best piece of advice I can give you is to make sure you use toner. A good one will both give moisture where necessary and de-flake without making your skin oily.
That is awesome advice!! I do the same thing and my skin feels even softer and the lotion goes on smoother:thumbsup

I too have combination skin (it's the bane of my existence!) and I would recommend either Cetaphil or Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion
I also use Clinique's Dramatically different moisturizing lotion and it feels really nice on the skin and not greasy:love

1 - 13 of 13 Posts