Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
937 Posts
Yep, those are real. :)

That design was made a few years/seasons ago. Congrats on the cute purchase.

~L.

· Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
thanks L! They're a tad big on me but im gonna try shrinking them... they're my 1st frankie b's and im already in :love.
These are next on my list: Frankie B. 3" Straight Jean Junkie in Silver Wings

· Registered
937 Posts
Oh no :( I'm sorry if I led you astray :(. They looked real to me earlier and I also saw them from when you posted them in an earlier thread and they looked correct. But trust others more than me b/c I only own one pair of Frankie B.

Sorry again :(

~L.

· Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
did u get a dupe?
Do you guys think maybe becuz the colors are off.. if so it might be from the camera. i had to use 2 phones for all the photos i posted. Ill get the digital and post them up sometime this week. But i had 2 other ebay glam*girl*couture & hipslikemonroe take a look and they're not positive becuz of the photos. but they are willing to look at them once i get better pictures.

· Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did you buy them on ebay? If so, can you PM me the link so I could check them out? Otherwise, I think digital pics would be helpful :thumbsup
yes i did get them through ebay.
Frankie B Jeans RARE Surf's Up Tidal Wave Wash 0 NWOT - (eBay item 160176412103 end time Nov-04-07 20:30:12 PST)

my cousin said he'll take the pictures for me so maybe ill post it up on saturdy night or sunday. But his camera is not digital camera, its one of those professional ones so it will be really clear and then we'll know the answer for sure!

but the jeans look real to me, all the tags are stitched on straight. the inside tags are clearly printed (not faded) and the jeans feel soft too, not that hard fabric where you can knock someone out with. But then again, wat do i know about authenticating?!

· Registered
937 Posts
ooxtinalici0us~ like I said earlier, I felt bad about likely being wrong on these so I went and tried to look around on the net to see if I could find any good high quality images of the real pair from an authentic goods dealer, but my search came up fruitless.

So I then went and took a look at the pair that I own. The reason I said earlier that I thought yours were real is because I saw the other post you had made and they looked good there and I think that the pictures you have up now make it a tad difficult to tell certain details that would help determine this once and for all (but you already know that :eek:). So I just thought they were poor image resolutions because in some pictures the wash and inside pockets look different than in others.

When looking at my Frankie's, here are some things I notice which may be a helpful starting point for you to determine whether what you got is real or not:

1. The button on the closure to the fly has a raised butterfly logo on it and the words "Frankie B." in slightly less raised script print under it.

2. All of the hardware should say Frankie B. twice on it on the part of the rivet on the outside of the jean. In other words, it will say "Frankie B." in the same script twice going in a counter-clockwise direction. The lettering will also be raised. My particular pair has a sort of white wash to it over the words as well.

3. The inside of the rivet on the outside of the jean will look like a copper button or "nipple" :)p) and should differ in color from the rest of the rivet. This "nipple" should not extend out further than the rest of the rivet and in fact should still be slightly indented. It should be like a bronze pimple that is slightly indented in the rivet that you can barely feel if you wodge your fingertip in there. (sorry for the gross descriptions).

4. On the back of the rivet (the part that would be worn inside the jean, there should be 8 little indented circles (from i guess where it gets fastened in when they make it).

5. On the coin pocket there should be a little tiny tag made of the same material as the inside center label. This tag should have an orange butterfly on it, on both sides of the label and should be of the same variegated or ribbed cotton fabric that they use to make the inside center label. (Kinda looks off-whiteish to slightly yellow in colour to my eyes).

6. Your pockets: The inside of your right pocket should have three rivets attached to it; one through the waistband line, corresponding to were it attaches to the top of the right-hand pocket, one in the top corner corresponding to were it attaches to the coin-pocket, and one in the lower corner corresponding to where it attaches to the bottom of the right-hand pocket.

The inside of the left pocket should only have two for the corresponding places that they attach to the outside of the pocket (dur).

The pocket fabric should be made of cotton, be soft to the touch and have a light blue tint to it. The butterflies should be of varying sizes and be both orange and brown in colour.

Additionally, the same script logo "Frankie B." should appear on the pocket, always over the brown butterflies and should (I'm guestimating here) be about an inch to an inch and a half in length and about 1/8" high or so. (Sorry, lost my ruler).

7. Inside center label should be of a creamy white/off-whiteish colour and be variegated/ribbed. The label should be stitched in on all four sides and should be stitched in in such a way as to leave a tiny margin of the label outside of the sewed down area (in other words, just enough to flick or pick at if you were the nervous type who liked to pick at denim labels). The label should be single stitched on the top, and the sides, and possibly double stitched in on the bottom (that's what it looks like to me this morning).

There should be an orange embroidered butterfly on the label. It's wing tips should touch the top and bottom of the stitching that secures the label to the jeans but should not bleed over it or be caught by the stitching. Additionally, the "Frankie B." logo should be embroidered on but this time, it should say "Frankie B. TM" (you know, small, tm, like registered trademark). That embroidery should go OVER the orange butterfly and should not touch the edges of the stitching.

8. Size and care instruction labels. Mine are located to the right of the inside center logo label (when looking at the jeans, not when wearing them). There are two small labels, both in white and they are soft-ish material (not super soft).

The first tag should be smaller than the second. It should give the size, then should say in capital letters:
MADE IN U.S.A.
OF
IMPORTED FABRIC

Obviously I can't properly mimic the font here but it's small font b/c it's a small tag; the letters obviously should be clear and clean and evenly spaced.

The second tag should be blank until about 1/2 way down the tag, and then it should give a breakdown of the fabric content and should say, again in all capital letters, "CARE ON REVERSE. On the back they give the care instructions, all in capital letters, and then they include an RN#, which, for mine is RN#103390 (but I'm guessing that this differs for each pair of jeans).

The lettering appears to be brown in colour and appears to be printed on, not stitched in.

Finally, there should be a papery tag located on the side covering part of the left-hand pocket. It should be white (although mine is whiteish-blue and now, several years later I can't tell if it's supposed to be that way or if that was the result of fabric bleed onto it).
This label Should be blank until 1/2 way down. and then in a different font from the other care/size tags, it should say simply:

Cut #
STYLE #
RN #
CA #

Size (my size is heffalump so I won't include it here but it will put your size again here :p).

Please note that the word "Cut is not in all caps, but the rest are in all caps. The reverse of the tag is blank. The lettering for this tag is printed on in black ink (as opposed to the dark brown hue for the other tags). This tag is much larger than the other two, measuring approximately an inch and a half in length (same length as the words "Frankie B. on the inside of the pockets).

9. Back pocket shape. Should meet in a gentle point at the bottom, and have double lines of stitching going all around it to attach it to the jean (and at the opening too, though just for decoration obviously or the pocket would not be usable).

10. Little back logo. Should be located on the back of the jeans on the right-hand side. Should be in that little double stitch line that goes above the pockets that I don't know the name of that secures some of the belt loops. If you look at it dead on,it should be off-set slightly from the back pocket. It should have two little < and > 's of embroidered stitching offsetting it in the same colour fabric as that used to do all the stitch work on the jeans. The fabric of this logo should be the same creamy white as the center inside logo and coin pocket logo and should be variegated as well. It should be stitched in with creamy white thread on all four sides, again leaving just a little bit free on all four sides for someone to flip with a finger tip or fingernail. It should say "Frankie B. tm" in brown embroidery on it, and behind it should be an orange embroidered butterfly. The wingtips of the butterfly should touch the top and bottom of the cream threads used to secure the little label to the jeans but should not bleed over it or get caught under it.

Additionally, the fabric used to make the < and > that offset the little logo, and which are the same colour thread as that used all over the jean should NOT be used to attach this back label to the jeans, nor should they touch this little back label at all, except for where the open ends of the arrow (alligator mouths?) meet the label's four corners.

Finally, the orange butterfly should line up perfectly with the rivet that attaches the upper right-hand corner of the right-hand back pocket of the jean.

11. Miscellaneous. On the inside center logo and again on the little back logo, the "k" of "Frankie B." should touch the head of the butterfly and point towards its right wing when you are looking at the label.

The stitch work should (obviously) be neat and even, and most of the seams/pocket lines/stitch detail on belt loops should be a double line design. The yoke (??? is that the waistband? sorry I don't know all the technical terms) should have a single line of stitch on the top and bottom leaving very tiny (maybe a 1/16" or less of denim showing).

The jeans should be soft to the touch (mine are almost fuzzy like p.j.'s but that could be b/c they've been loved to death :p).

The bottom hem should leave about a 1/2" and the stitch delineating it should be a single line of stitch intersecting with the double line of stitch going down the pant-leg seam.

The wash should be even and nice, (again, duh), with no yucky or abrupt fading.

Sorry if this is of no help. I know all the fakers know this too, and are out there copying them up :madbeating.

If they do turn out to be fake maybe you could turn them into something neat? :)

~L.

· Registered
937 Posts
oooh :( I see now on closer inspection that that back little tag looks like it was put in the wrong place. I'm sorry, but they look like they are fake after all. :(

I would demand a refund if I were you (I don't know if you can still? I hate ebay, I avoid it and only buy used textbooks on it).

~L.

· Registered
1,167 Posts
I agree, those are fake. One clue is the stitching-- it's very sloppy. Also, the last pair of Frankie's she sold had an auction using stock pics. Seems like a shady seller to me. I hope you can get your money back.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.