1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Auction Evidence 1

Auction Evidence 2

Auction Evidence 3

I also have a photo back up in case this evidence is miraculously deleted from the auction :blink

Ok so I e-mailed this person after seeing the auctions. I knew they were a member here. I had helped them on several occasions via PM to authenticate Diesel.

This is what they responded with:

Hey there,
I've used a similar format in my auctions (I typed it all out myself
which was hard to make and time consuming). I've edited all of the
necessary parts that are relevant to me and put in my own information
(not using yours). Pictures can be copyrighted and people should not
take someone else's photos but me typing up a similar listing format?
Come on. You use the same font and text size in your e-mail as me!
Anyways, yes, I am a member at AF and HF and I do not really think
this here is dishonest (what I assume you are implying) nor do I see
what the problem is (I'm selling actual jeans that I have in my
possession with my own pictures on my accounts that have 100% positive
feedback around the board). I went through and made a format similar
to yours but I did it myself and have been using it for a while (I
even coded in pics at one point but took them out as photodump messed
them up). Furthermore, we've even done business before! Hope this
clears things up. Later,

ok so it could all be a coinkikydink as explained by this member. I mean what are the chances and anyways we both type using the same font ... they must be right. RIght?

Well anyways just a few key points I would like to make:

Excellent Destroyed Condition item has holes, paint, distress etc as part of the design (not damaged)
This is directly from my description. They do not even know what this means. Back when I had more time I did a little bit of customization to some of the older pairs of jeans I got. Distress, paint, holes etc. Mostly abercrombie and levis.

I ACCEPT PAYPAL FROM THE USA & CANADA, FROM CONFIRMED ADRESSES ONLY.
I have a spelling problem:D I really should have spell checked this before I used it on 700 auctions but I was kinda lazy. I noticed it a few months back but figured I would leave it in. I am changing my description beginning of next year so why mess with it. Anyways it's really unbelievable that this person has the exact same spelling mistake as I do in the same place!

Since this person is a forum member I would hope they were honest with me about not stealing my description. But please feel free to compare the evidence and then judge them accordingly.

·
Premium Member
26,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also want to point out that I put a lot of hard work and time in to my description. Its not your average eBay description. Its colored, its got tables, bullet points etc. Sure I can't copyright it and I cannot do anything if anyone STEALS it. I do think its wrong that a forum member would just BORROW it with out even asking me first and than on top of it LIE to me about it!

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
It's EXACTLY like yours!!!! GASP!!!!

Edit: on a side note, you should be proud that your ebay formatting is worthy of copying, it just proves you're awesome! :magwink but I would be peeved too!

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Um.. I think that's blatant copyage.

If I had seen JUST the auction text, without looking at the seller, I would have said, "d00d that is one of T-Hoard's auctions."

·
Registered
23,935 Posts
Ban Hammer! Thieves should not be allowed here!

·
Premium Member
32,335 Posts
I am not sure why you can't report him for copying your text??

Its ridiculous.

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
Imitation is the best form of flattery or so they say, but at my job (English Instructor) I preach about this every single day. You MUST give credit to the author or it is stealing. At the very least, this person should have asked you for permission to use your wording and/or pictures before he/she used them, IMO.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I think I PM'ed you about one of his auctions a while back.....I saw it and immediately said "that looks VERY similar to Treasurehoard's"

And since when does the fact that he copied it out by hand make it okay? That's like writing a paper for a class and saying, well, I found this awesome essay online, but I didn't plagiarize it because I didn't hit "copy-paste" and instead took hours painstakingly writing it out. Duh. :roll

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
I think I PM'ed you about one of his auctions a while back.....I saw it and immediately said "that looks VERY similar to Treasurehoard's"

And since when does the fact that he copied it out by hand make it okay? That's like writing a paper for a class and saying, well, I found this awesome essay online, but I didn't plagiarize it because I didn't hit "copy-paste" and instead took hours painstakingly writing it out. Duh. :roll
Would you please come and tell that to my students?

·
Premium Member
26,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
dear treasurehoard...what is the next action?can we report it to ebay?
na ebay won't do anything. I tried to report people before. Thats not really what I want to do anyways.

I am just in shock that after I give so much to this community and spend my time to help this member in particular with authenticity checks that they would turn around and do this to me ... not so much the stealing of my description (cause yeah its really nice and looks good) but lying to me about it.

Honestly if they would of asked me I would of let them use it with the stipulation that they say they have my permission etc. 1 for free advertisement:headspin and 2 because its better for them. Most forum members who view that auction will know its my description ... and they will probably avoid the auction just because they think the seller stole it from me.

·
Premium Member
26,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

:rofl

Yeah I temember you did PM me about this. Completely slipped my mind that they were a forum member at the time.

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
T-hoard, you are just too good. People steal your pics and now they steel your ebay descriptions. How's it feel?? LOL

·
Registered
25 Posts
This is ridiculous. Who cares that our auction formats are similar? Yes, I modeled my description very closely to Treasurehoard's. So be it. Stealing though? Doubtful. Ban me over formatting on an auction? :roll

1 - 20 of 67 Posts