Authentic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about u guys but I'm damn near depressed when days go by and there's nothing available. I've read posts of the people who've waited for years and years for a wash/cut and I'm just here to say it sucks!

I guess one day the newer stuff will be "older" stuff so how do I shift my mind over? I mean I do love some of the newer stuff but really gravitate towards the hard to find impossible to find pairs.

Sorry this post is going nowhere u haven't already been.........wah, bleh & meh :cry

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I'm a huge fan of the older stuff even though I do like some of the newer things. Most of the newer stuff is made in Kasandra cut which looks like crap on me and I find the newer washes a little boring.

Anyway, with that said, if you wait long enough, your will find your most wanteds and it will probably be through AF. If you will post what you are looking for and what size in your siggy line, you would be amazed at the people that will contact you if they find what you are looking for. I've helped tons of members and they've helped me. Also the AF mall is a great place to watch for the older stuff at a resonable price. :D

Yes, sometimes it does take years, but they do come. I'm living proof. :magwink

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
I guess one day the newer stuff will be "older" stuff so how do I shift my mind over? I mean I do love some of the newer stuff but really gravitate towards the hard to find impossible to find pairs.
You're only half right. People don't just love the older pairs because they're hard to find -- although I'm sure there are R&R lovers (just like the collectors/connoisseurs of all kinds of other things) who go after pieces simply on that basis.

The reason people talk about older pairs is because R&R is past its prime. The glory days didn't end that long ago -- see this thread -- but they are most assuredly over. R&R hasn't produced anything iconic in more than a year; their "holy grail" jeans, with the exception of Oxycotin, are all pairs that have to be bought second-hand now.

Part of the problem is that they have been focusing on ugly discount/recession styles for months now, to the neglect of their main line, and by flooding the marketplace with ugly (or lacklustre at best) pairs they have successfully tarnished their brand image and cheapened their own items.

I deleted my signature, but I'm still looking for a few old-school washes: Fossil, Amicite, Decay, Sedated, etc. I don't have any recent Rocks on my wishlist because they simply aren't making pairs as nice any more, not because I'm a hopeless nostalgic who likes things that are no longer in demand.

·
Banned
62 Posts
Actually in around summer to fall of 2007, I really like the R&R denim I saw at Nordstrom. However, I didn't have the money to pay for it. I thought it's way too much. I still keep the brand in my mind until the time I'm ready to spend $200 on a pair of jeans.

Right now, Winter 2009, I am ready to buy my first one. I purchased a tshirrt online from R&R and got the email about SF Sample Show. Lately, I went to the mall and notice the pants aren't much in wash style like what I saw in 2007. I thought it could be that they sold out their best R&R, so I didn't worry about it. Right now, I'm a bit concerning after reading this thread.

Can someone point out the new jeans that aren't really good to buy? I am the type person who likes to buy the latest fashion before it gets too popular to everybody.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I'll probably never find the stuff on my wishlist. I kind of wish I got into R&R earlier than I did. And I wish they would make some nice stuff! Compared to the old washes like sliver mentioned (Sedated, Fossil, Colt, Creedence, Deify, Effen, Sonic, Hysteria, blah, blah, blah), recent pairs just flat out SUCK--both in terms of wash but also in terms of quality (stitching, etc.). There is just nothing special about them. :shake

As sliver mentioned, the STDs they are producing just worsens the brand (IMO). However, there are some current pairs that I would personally say aren't that bad (Intelligence Stint, for example). But I wish they would stop making all of them 98/2 pairs! I don't have anything against them, but it seems like ALL the newish pairs are that blend. :shake

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
^ Agreed. Wish I had gotten into R&R sooner too. The new stuff is just blah.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Actually in around summer to fall of 2007, I really like the R&R denim I saw at Nordstrom [....] Lately, I went to the mall and notice the pants aren't much in wash style like what I saw in 2007.
Part of this is just fashion trends. A few years ago it was all about the wash, so jeans were distressed and torn and paint-splattered to hell and back. Lately, everything's been going darker and plainer, with particular emphasis on raw denim, which by definition has not a single whisker, fade, or hole. So R&R has pandered to this demographic by producing lots of plainer, darker washes -- and we've all started noticing because they really only have about 6 different pocket options.

I am the type person who likes to buy the latest fashion before it gets too popular to everybody.
Then you should be way past R&R by now, everyone's got a pair and they are 99 bucks at Nordstrom Rack. Look into PRPS, Dior, and Dsquared jeans: all three brands offer both high-quality raw denim alongside extravagantly pre-faded jeans for people who don't want to have to spend a year wearing in their pants to make them pretty.

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Agreed with Sliver. As much as I love Rock & Republic, their new collection just doesn't live up to the past ones. I've been experimenting with other brands such as PRPS and Dior Homme and those are great!

Haven't try DSquared yet, mainly because all the styles I've seen from the brand is way too embellished and colorful.

And just so you know "BBS_RKII," trends come and go. But a pair of classic Rock & Republic, that stay with you forever!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Couldn't agree with you all more! I'm new to R&R's a girlfriend of mine suggested trying scorps b/c I have a flat Asian booty and just had my 2nd kid (now everything seems a little flatter) & they r doing wonders for my battered butt ego.

But I digress......from the little I have seen in stores I'm not thrilled. They r good quality but certainly don't have that "wow" factor that I'm finding through reseach on older stuff.

Just went to NR today and Saks/Macys last week and well it was all rather ho-hum. Nice dark even washes w/ characteristic "Rs" on back side some w/ crystals some w/o and, yawn, I think Iluv7fams said it best that most of the current styles are Kassandra and well, it is kinda boring.

Now I did find me a pair of Jimmys and quaalude scorps so there's still hope. I know others have landed pressure points and hagar halites. I've seen a few xena amethysts around and even winger/revolvers so what am I complaining about :ashamed! Gotta work on the siggy line..........

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^ Maureen they run a tad small & I've gots me some 31's on the way too:devil

I know I have a problem but don't we all...........

If I find 'em I get 'em and will probably sell 'em :D

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^ dunno mine r tight! Aligned is 14/unaligned 14.5 barely - so .5 smaller than other 26's :confused: If u find any in 27 I'll gladly trade :magwink

·
Denim Goddess
14,606 Posts
^ do you have those backwards :confused: aligned measurement cannot be smaller than unaligned..

they do run big, Maureen. perhaps you got a freak pair lisaol :IDK

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:ashamedoops yeah backwards & must be a freak pair or they scalded them in hot water and dried them for several hours. They're smaller than the 3 other pairs of scorps :IDK

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
^ yes! but the odds of finding another 26 r worse than getting struck by lightening or winning the lotto :smack

1 - 20 of 28 Posts