Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 20 of 262 Posts

· Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did u ever regain ur pre-preg body? i'm wondering because my sis had a baby 4 yrs ago, and she looks gr8, but she can't get rid of this extra skin/flab by her belly. (literally, everywhere else is tight/toned, but this ONE area). i'm wondering if it's because she had a c-section? :confused:

my mom (who is really thin) also has skin/flab issues by her belly, and she also had c-sections. i know heredity probably is a factor, 2, in terms of where fat is localized, but i'm just wondering if ppl who gave birth naturally have this same sort of issue...

also, do those creams work 2 prevent stretch marks by the belly, or is it just pretty much inevitable that stretch marks will result frm pregnancy due to the stomach's skin being stretched so much? again, i'm asking because my mom and sis both suffer frm this, even tho my sis states she used creams to try and prevent this frm happening...

· Registered
1,552 Posts
I regained my body but I do have extra skin around the sides since my belly got wide. My best friend has a pouch in front since her belly was pointy. Not much to do about that but cosmetic surgery I guess. It's like this for EVERYONE I know (more for some, less for others), except for two girls who got pregnant as teens. They didn't get the extra skin, probably because the body is more adaptable when you are younger. The extra skin is because the belly was distended during pregnancy, it doesn't matter whether or not it's a natural birth or a c-section.

Some people get stretch marks, others don't. It's hormonal so there's not much to be done to prevent them.

· Registered
2,363 Posts
Don't know about anybody else, I am back to my weight give or take a couple of pounds, but the body shape has definitely changed. :shake
I had 2 c-sections.

I too have the fat/flab around the side of my stomach. I am fairly happy with my tum, side on it looks pretty good and fairly flat considering I don't do much for it but its the hips and the side blah :cry

· Registered
6,056 Posts
ugh, I miss my pre-preg body..I seriously used to have a flat stomach and it is LONG gone :( I have extra skin around my belly, I have stretch marks galore. I was told that the creams do help and stupidly during my first pregnancy I didn't pay much attention. I figured I would not get them because I didn't see any developing...big mistake. But I have friends who have no stretch marks and used cream :IDK if it is genetics or if the cream does seriously help. With my first pregnancy, i got back down to my pre-preg weight minus the extra skin around the belly..my second pregnancy, well I'm still not where I want to be (no where close) I even wore a girdle all day and night for several weeks after giving birth, that helped a little.

· Registered
1,881 Posts
It may be hereditary, but not only did I regain my pre-preg body, I actually got in better shape through working out, which I hadn't done before. Girls would actually approach me on the beach and ask what I did to get my abs. So it's definitely possible, but I'm sure everyone's body is different. I did use cocoa butter on my stomach throughout pregnancy and didn't get stretch marks, but my mom doesn't have any either so I don't know how that works.

· Registered
5,610 Posts
I actually weigh less after 2 kids then before 1, but I have a lot of stretch marks and loose skin on my tummy. I don't mind them at all....they're like battle scars.:rofl I would also have to say that having large babies doesn't help.:roll
I don't think that any amount of cream that you use will prevent you from having extra skin or stretch marks. Your skin is what it is, and probably what happened to your mom will be the same for you. It is genetic. That's not to say that a good moisturizer won't help too. I still used lotion on my belly, especially when it really began to stretch because it helps with the itching.

The extra skin can never be toned, ever. The only thing you can do is have a tummy tuck.:(

· Registered
1,698 Posts
I had a c-section almost 2 years ago and weigh less now than pre-pregnancy. BUT I do have a little extra skin in the front, definitely not the 6-pack that I used to have. However, I didn't really work out for the first year at all and wonder if this has something to do with it. I definitely will not look like a celebrity who has regained their body (ie Kelly Ripa or Heidi Klum), but I too see my changing body as something earned that I should be proud of. I would say that overall while I weigh less, my body shape has changed too.

· Registered
36,826 Posts
I'm one of the lucky ones who has been through 5 pregnancies, 5 natural deliveries, all in 8 years, PLUS breastfeeding...and I have my pre-pregnancy body back, flat tummy, etc. Genetics have been very very good to me. Thank God. I am the EXACT same weight as before all of them; there is no way in hell I SHOULD be any thinner...I'd look sickly. :shake

Everybody is different though, and I think there are lots of women who actually look BETTER after kids (I think I do...my hips are a tiny bit more shaped than before)...I looked like a little girl...:jumping There was no size change at all though, but jeans look much better on me now.

Oh, I don't have stretch marks on my belly either, but I do have one or two on my hips; you can barely see them though. :D No loose skin, etc. either.

· Registered
1,319 Posts
i had my body back within a few months
i have no stretch marks
and no loose skin
but i've only had one

· Banned
21,196 Posts
damn you all are scaring me :eek:hno

I haven't had any babies and I probably have as many stretch marks as those of you who have! I started getting them in 6th grade. I've heard rubbing olive oil on your belly starting in the first trimester helps prevent stretch marks...but I'm a long way from testing that theory, lol.

· Registered
9,398 Posts
4 c sections:bigeyes

minimal to no stretch marks

I bless my genes every single day!

also helped my Doc, basically gave me a tummy tuck whilst sewing me back up

BUT I am naturally athletic

genes play a huge role, the only thing that is depressing is the boobs, which nothing can fix those, but surgery:whistle

stretch marks are inevitable if it's in tha family, no creams anything can make them go away they can only "lessen the APPEARANCE" of them.

· Registered
674 Posts
Unfortunately stretch marks will never retract. They are scar tissue.

I believe it is not the creams or oils that help to discourage their formation but the rubbing you do when applying the creams.

One of the best things you can do is to gain your pregnancy weight slowly & don't go overboard. Exercise to retain your muscle tone & do your Kegel exercises.

Like a lot of the ladies here, I am thinner & in better physical shape now than before kids but I will always have the unhappy belly button - gals you know when a belly button makes this face: :( The bad part is that the extra skin makes a bit of a muffin top. Hate it. But it's worth it.

· Registered
23,935 Posts
I did after both kids but I had to work like mad with #1 as I gained 70 pounds!!:eyebug I finally achieved my goal when she was 18 months old!! I have always had a small pooch as I was quite the beer drinker from about age 17!!:shake

With #2, I only gained 20 pounds and lost all that plus some by 6 weeks post partum. That is when I bought my first pair of 7FAM. I have been a lazy fool since then (4.5 years) and have developed quite the muffin. I have been slowly working it off, though!

If your sister is thin everywhere but that tummy skin, the ONLY way to get rid of it is plastic surgery. I know that is probably not what you want to hear, but that is probably the only way to get rid of it!

· Registered
36,826 Posts
Forgot to add...you cannot prevent stretch marks; they're genetic. You'll either get them or you won't; no cream will prevent them altogether. They may make them smoother and less itchy, but you can't prevent them, unfortunately.

Believe me, if there was such a magic cream, every child-bearing woman would own it, no matter the cost. :rofl

· Registered
8,927 Posts
No. I never got back to my pre-preg size but that's a good thing IMO. I was just too skinny. Even when I was working out hard my stomach still had a bit of loose skin although people kept telling me I was nuts, but hey, I could see it.

· Registered
2,677 Posts
I had 3 c-sections and got back to my pre-pregnancy weight after all three. I have minimal stretch marks. There are some things about my body I think I like better after having my kids, like my hips. I do miss my pre-pregnancy boobs though.

· Registered
623 Posts
I also miss my pre-preg boobs (my husband misses my day-the-milk-came-in boobs - those suckers were enormous!!). Like a lot of women on here, I weigh less now than I did before I got pregnant. I had my baby when I was 21 (7 years ago) and I am sad that I didnt really appreciate my pre-baby body :( I am one of 5 kids and my mom didn't get stretch marks with any of the 5 of us. I got stretch marks with mine - not bad but enough that I notice them :(
I have a little belly pooch but I've always had a belly pooch even before being preggo. Mine was a vaginal birth (yes, I said the word *vaginal*). I have lots of friends who have had babies and even my teeny size 24 friends have gone back to their normal sizes and don't have belly pooches. I think it is entirely genetic.

1 - 20 of 262 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.