Authentic Jeans Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
i ripped a pair of R&R from kicking my leg up trying to jump onto a counter top. some good wear on a pair of jeans will do it :ashamed

·
Registered
177 Posts
LOLLLL ;hysterics

haha I know what you mean! But I know from personal experience that well loved jeans usually give out there first for girls with junk in the trunk and perhaps some thigh as well.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
;hysterics Oh... hadn't thought of the junk in the trunk aspect! :jumping That would explain the pristine condition the back of my jeans..:( Laughing about my knee rips, and NO it's not what you're thinking I was doing on my knees. Changing toddler diapers, thank you! :whistle

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Are they dragging their butts across the carpet, ala canine style? Anyone?!?
:rofl funny visual!

I see them all the time on ebay too and wonder how they have the nerve to sell them like this. :confused::eek:

I had this happen to me once and the jeans were only a couple of months old (they were a pair of COH...a very lightweight wash) so I brought them back to the boutique were I bought them, and they sent them back. I received a store credit to buy another pair. :thumbsup

I learned that putting jeans with a 2% elastane, spandex, etc. content in the dryer is not really a good idea. The elastane breaks down after a bit and makes the jeans susceptible to ripping. So now I only put my jeans in the dryer for a few minutes to warm them up enough so that they aren't stiff as a board when I put them on. :) No rips ever since! :thumbsup

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I don't think some people really care, like myself. I've purchased plenty of used jeans with crotch wear and I just took them to the tailor to get them fixed. Good as new and a good deal on some jeans! I also have sold jeans like this too and they sold just fine.

Also, this tends to happen because us ladies do lunges in our jeans when we are trying to squeeze into them. Then the infamous rip happens. :( At least it's fixable.

:)

If these weren't 4 sizes too big for me I would snatch them right up! Those are a good deal and I wish they were a size 26!

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Also, this tends to happen because us ladies do lunges in our jeans when we are trying to squeeze into them. Then the infamous rip happens. :(
:yes

That's what I was doing when it happened to me....Riiiippppp! :eek:

·
Registered
10,768 Posts
That seller always buys jeans with crotch rips/various tears at places like Last Chance then resells. Not worth it, IMO, when you could get an undamaged pair at around the same price...a pair that likely WON'T rip in a different spot once you have them on.
I've had a few pairs of R&R rip, never SFAM though...some may wear their jeans too tight :eek:

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
That seller always buys jeans with crotch rips/various tears at places like Last Chance then resells. Not worth it, IMO, when you could get an undamaged pair at around the same price...a pair that likely WON'T rip in a different spot once you have them on.
I've had a few pairs of R&R rip, never SFAM though...some may wear their jeans too tight :eek:
+1 This seller is ALWAYS selling these worn out/ripped area jeans.

·
Registered
830 Posts
It is too funny this topic came up!!!! I was thinking the same thing the other day as there does seem to be more crotch rips then usual on ebay lately. I guess it is a good deal for those who don't mind fixing but some of the starting prices seem high for having such a huge defect.

I am glad there have been some answers to this question. I will sleep better tonight. LOL!

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I wondered this topic too...and the funny visuals supplied in this thread have made it clear there are MANY reasons for crotch rips! :rofl:rofl

1 - 16 of 16 Posts