Authentic Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok starting a new thread instead of highjacking someone elses. you guys found me swimming in two pairs of belgrades in 26 and 27 so i decided to post some pics of me in my other jeans in 26, and 25. what size am i?? (i can't fit most 25's though..). and i apologize again for the iphone photos and lack of bum taking skills lol

Chain 7 pockets sz 26

crystal a's in sz 25

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
every wash runs different. you should measure your best fitting pair and then go by that. i have some 26s that fit wayyy bigger than 27s. if you use the forum search tab and type in the name of the wash, you can usually find good info on fit/if it runs big, small or tts. or if you cant find it you can always ask her. with vanity sizing, fit can be all over the place! the dojos look like a good fit. and the as are blurry but as far as i can see those fit nicely, too! :love:jumping

·
Registered
6,700 Posts
I think both of those pairs look pretty good :), but I agree the first pair is just a bit loose in the thigh. I think it looks fine since they are a trouser jean, and really it just depends on your own preference and comfort level as to what feels best for you. If I remember correctly, I've heard Fiji chain Dojos run a little small anyway, so IMO you probably are closest to a TTS 25. But like Amy said, every cut and wash can vary. I also agree with her about searching the wash and style names here to see if anyone has offered fit advice on the pair you're considering. If not, you can always start a new thread. :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
heheh thanks everyone

·
Registered
6,700 Posts
You know, I started out thinking I was a 27 about a year and a half ago when I first started getting into 7FAM. Couldn't figure out why my pants were always falling down. Then I figured I must be a 26, but once I started posting pics of myself in those I realized they were too big too. I've happily found myself now at a 24/25. It's a learning process, but over time you'll become more familiar with which washes and styles tend to run larger or smaller, and of course you'll always find tons of help here. :)

Also - I just noticed in your siggy you like anything with crystals and studs...you should definitely check out Vintage Connecticut Flynts (they're on sale at Zappos for $160 right now). They're my absolute favorite pair. :)

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I think the 25's fit better, they don't look like they are too tight at all. I would go with a 25, but I guess it depends how you like them to fit and what your comfortable with. So if you want them to be a little looser can always go with the 26s

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
I agree with Roxy, the 26's look a little big, but it works since they're dojos. I think you look good in both pairs. :love

Amy's got it, go by measurements in the future. :thumbsup No more 27's for you! :madbeating

·
Banned
21,191 Posts
I vote 25 :thumbsup To be sure, though, take those NWT As and measure them out like you would if you were selling them. If they're around a 14" waist on a 7.25 rise (depending on said rise you can adjust the waist up or down) and like a 16.5-17" hip, they're probably tts. I'd love to be that tiny...I think the last time I was, I was a barely-pubescent 10-year-old :rofl

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I think you're closer to a 25. I went through the same thing as Roxy. I thought I was a 27, since most of my old Lucky Brands were that size, but I've finally realized I'm a small 26. I agree with everyone else that each wash/style varies. I have some 27s that fit way small & some 25s that fit big.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haha thanks everyone! so i went to nordstrom rack again and tried on a bunch of 25s and 26s. i realized roxannes don't fit at all in either. the waist is just too tight lol gonna stay away from higher rises i think. one pair of a pockets were perfect in 25, flynts i couldn't get in at all. i can't seem to get into 24s so i'm probably a big 25 small 26 ;9 and you guys are right the sizing in different washes seem to go all over the place. i haven't been able to try on a pair of lexies yet. i noticed the newer ones seem to have a lot of 6" rises. i hope i find a pair of those around the malls somewhere.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts