Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been having a bear of a time finding a decent lightweight jacket for the early fall. so far the only one that i have came across is the abercrombie sawtooth or sentinel

Abercrombie & Fitch > Men > Outerwear > The Sawtooth Jacket

i also own a vintage 50s air force field jacket of a similar design.

i looked at one from diesel but i would hate to see any water or mud on it. dry clean only and it seemed delicate.

·
Registered
457 Posts
what kind of money are you looking to spend, as in what is the most you will spend? i used to work at a&f, which is why i currently hate that place and everything associated with it, especially their clothes. however, their jackets are constructed pretty well for the price and they're not gaudy and flashing the name a&f everywhere. if you can give me a price range, maybe some brands you like, i'll check some stuff out and see what i can find, since i can't sleep after taking a nap earlier today haha.

·
Registered
457 Posts
also, if you can give me the kind of material you're looking for, like cotton/canvas-like similar to the a&f jacket, something weather-proof, leather, or something wool, that'd help too.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i already have a NF jacket for the bad weather, wool pea coats for the dry cold and not a whole lot for your 50-60 degree days other than hoodies. the abercrombie jacket i linked has my attention only because it's comfy, looks good with jeans in a casual sense and fits well. i'm pretty much looking into a thinner constructed jacket similar to the link. something i could go shopping in, hike in, or out for a stroll around town and not feel out of place.

·
Registered
10,768 Posts
Anything but Abercrombie & Fitch...ANYTHING

·
Denim Goddess
14,606 Posts
^ lol definitely agreed!

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
My husband buys jackets similar to that at the Army Surplus store for around 20 bucks. (Not sure if those stores are every where) He also refuses to wear any thing premium...oh well, more for me! :rofl

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
some of the stuff from 1940 to 1960 is really cool. very hard to find though. i have one of the old vintage air force field jackets from that time period and the wash is so good it would pass as premium.

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
My NR just had SFAM men's jackets that were really nice, not too heavy for $80. I got my husband one. They come in Navy, Brown, Dark Green, and Black. Found a stock picture:

·
Registered
457 Posts
vintage abercrombie
The only good vintage A&F is their old humor tees. I'm talking about the shit that got pulled off the sales floor because it was so insulting, demeaning, or inappropriate. Now they're just plain stupid.

Back to jackets, in addition to the military-like jackets you liked, that TR corduroy jacket I posted is pretty sweet too. Just my thoughts. Good look finding one!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts