Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped by Marshalls on my lunch break today and saw a pair of SFAM on the clearance rack for $39. Thinking "score", I pulled it off and immediately noticed... fakers. I threw them over my shoulder and continued shopping. After I was done I went over to one of the sales ladies and told her the jeans were fake. Yeah, apparently the equivalent of talking to a wall. She looked at me like I was crazy and SNATCHED the jeans out of my hands and started looking at them all over. I pointed out to her the tell-tale signs- rounded numbers, bag tags, on and on and finally she pulls herself up very straight and goes "and how do YOU know???"

Uh... ok lady. They're fake jeans. Its not like I'm insulting you or the store or something. Sheesh. I'm sure after I left they were sent right back out to the racks. Sigh. :roll

· Premium Member
32,334 Posts
They don't know and they don't care.
Most SA at those stores don't know anything beyond Paris Blues and Guess.

Clueless.

· Registered
4,434 Posts
such a shame. :shake

but i have to say that sometimes their cluelessness works to your advantage...

like the time i convinced the cash wrap person that the SFAMs i was holding in my hands in my size for 99.99 were exactly the same (and they were) as the ones i found on the rack (not in my size) for 69.99.

he tried feeding me some line about different shipments, etc. but i was adament - "they are the same jeans!!"

he gave me mine for 69.99 to shut me up. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.