Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have listed a bunch of my stuff for sale on Ebay. I ship internationally except for a few places which I have listed there including Italy. I have heard that sometimes the customs there is pain and they can hold items for a REALLY long time. I have a shirt that I'm selling and there's a buyer who seems interested but would like to know if I would ship there. The starting bid for the shirt is quite low $5US. Any suggestions?

· Registered
705 Posts
for a cheapo item i'd just take my chances (with Express mail of course). italy's postal system is not so much slow (well it is...) as it is corrupt. "Lost" packages, etc.

For Canada post - as I see you are a fellow Canuck :)
I'm sure if you do offer shipping to Europe you know this, but if not.....Anything that comes with actual tracking is now really expensive to Europe...went up just recently. If you're worried about being out the money if the package does get "lost" I wouldn't do it.
It's $57.56 + Tax if you can fit it into a pre-praid envelope to ship it with confirmation now :bigeyes $70+ if it doesn't fit.

Between Ebay/Paypal Rules and Canada post, it's pretty much impossible to keep buyers interested over seas now.

· Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sure if you do offer shipping to Europe you know this, but if not.....Anything that comes with actual tracking is now really expensive to Europe...went up just recently. If you're worried about being out the money if the package does get "lost" I wouldn't do it.
It's $57.56 + Tax if you can fit it into a pre-praid envelope to ship it with confirmation now :bigeyes $70+ if it doesn't fit.

Between Ebay/Paypal Rules and Canada post, it's pretty much impossible to keep buyers interested over seas now.
Yeah I know it is such a rip off! :( I have only shipped overseas twice. The last time I just used regular airmail (to Russia) and it got there safely in about 2 weeks. But if there's a higher risk in Italy of things getting 'lost' I think I'll just stay away then. Thanks guys!

· Registered
2,823 Posts
What boggles my mind is that it's so cheap to ship from Italy to the United States. I frequently buy my dress shirts from Naples, and my I'm able to get my three shirts in a tyvek envelope — shipped via Express Mail (takes 3 days to get to my door) via Fedex for only $30!!

· Registered
4,841 Posts
Yeah I know it is such a rip off! :( I have only shipped overseas twice. The last time I just used regular airmail (to Russia) and it got there safely in about 2 weeks. But if there's a higher risk in Italy of things getting 'lost' I think I'll just stay away then. Thanks guys!
Russian and Italian post are both corrupt :rofl

What boggles my mind is that it's so cheap to ship from Italy to the United States. I frequently buy my dress shirts from Naples, and my I'm able to get my three shirts in a tyvek envelope — shipped via Express Mail (takes 3 days to get to my door) via Fedex for only $30!!
Are you sure you are buying real stuff from Naples? :rofl I have been there and the town is FULL of fakes, cheap fakes. I recently received quite heavy, medium to large leather Diesel bag from Italy, with tracking it cost 13Euros sent to Sweden. Still, the cheapest Recorded post rates in Europe are in the United Kingdom, the worst are in France, Sweden etc.. :cry I am in Sweden..

· Registered
10,768 Posts

Pam is from New York :magwink

· Registered
264 Posts

Are you sure you are buying real stuff from Naples? :rofl I have been there and the town is FULL of fakes, cheap fakes. I recently received quite heavy, medium to large leather Diesel bag from Italy, with tracking it cost 13Euros sent to Sweden. Still, the cheapest Recorded post rates in Europe are in the United Kingdom, the worst are in France, Sweden etc.. :cry I am in Sweden..
Germany THE WORST!

· Registered
2,823 Posts

Haha yeah. I meant $30 just to ship. The shirts I'm buying are Luigi Borrelli, which are handmade in Naples. While the MSRP is $300+, I'm sure the profits would not be worth the efforts to make.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts