Authentic Jeans Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My long awaited pair of Joey Super T's in stretch Road Dog came today and I was on cloud nine!! Then upon inspection....I noticed 2 areas of dried crap stains on the inside...one is on the corner of the pocket stitching and the 2nd is on the inside back yoke intersection just 2 inches below where the care label ends.

I have treated with Shout and super concentrated detergent and scrubbed the crap out of it without being able to scrub the crap out of it :( I bought them from a forum member. I LOVE them and got a nice deal on them considering how hard this style is to come by.

I NEED help on how to remove the stains!! Also, don't know if I should leave feedback or not. I do love them and they were shipped to me super quickly, but I feel grossed out having to remove crap from them.

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
When you say crap, do you mean ACTUAL crap, or just gunk???

From a forum member?? That's almost worse than the crap.

Sorry!

·
Registered
18,593 Posts
Uh, yuck and I'm not sure you needed to go into such detail.

Nonetheless, have you contacted the seller and negotiating a next step? I'm sure the seller will want to know directly, and perhaps not through this thread if not done so already. You may be embarrassing the member since it's not hard to try to see if it was a purchase via AF Mall.

I recommend a super hot Oxy Clean solution or an enzyme product. If you have a disinfecting cycle on your washing machine, use that. People wash cloth baby diapers in the same manner.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
OMGGG that is horrible and disgusting. You should totally email the seller and let them know so that you can maybe get a partial refund?
Anyways, for the stains, you could try using this stuff called Zout. It's in a red bottle. I left chocolate in one of my pockets and washed and dried everything so I got little chocolate marks ALL over my clothes. It was seriously little drops in a whole bunch of different places. I spent a really long time putting the Zout on everything and scrubbed it with a toothbrush. and also putting some more and letting it set in, then wash it again.
Hope this helps!

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Are you sure the staining isn't caused by the leather patch running? I've had three pairs of tr's including a pair of super's that got stained by the leather patch.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Not that then.:( Could it be part of the wash? I'm so behind on all the tr washes.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When you say crap, do you mean ACTUAL crap, or just gunk???

From a forum member?? That's almost worse than the crap.

Sorry!
I wish it really wasn't crap and just 'gunk' but it IS crap.

OMGGG that is horrible and disgusting. You should totally email the seller and let them know so that you can maybe get a partial refund?
Anyways, for the stains, you could try using this stuff called Zout....I spent a really long time putting the Zout on everything and scrubbed it with a toothbrush. and also putting some more and letting it set in, then wash it again.
Hope this helps!
I haven't PM'd the seller because I'm not looking for a partial refund. I just want to wear them (without crap on them).

I will look for some Zout if I still cannot get it off...can I buy some at Target? I have been scrubbing with a toothbrush all this time too.

And not too fond about having to spend money to take care of this problem...I just expected to be able to wear them right away.

Are you sure the staining isn't caused by the leather patch running? I've had three pairs of tr's including a pair of super's that got stained by the leather patch.
It doesn't have a leather patch...it's the regular white patch with the red buddha.

These don't have a leather patch....but the wash is a dirty wash.
This pair isn't as 'dirty' as other Road Dogs. It has the distressing on the legs and 'frayed areas' as part of the look but it's not that yellowish or brownish distressing. It has white stitching and mostly the jeans look like dark denim with regular white distressing. I really LOVE them... Maybe I'll post photos once I can get ths stains out.

Could it be part of the wash? I'm so behind on all the tr washes.
The stains are on the INSIDE of the jeans....inside where the pocket is sewn onto the jeans and on the waist yoke seam.

I'm going to try scubbing some more...

·
Registered
593 Posts
^Gross reminds me of that thread about the buyer that had gotten a pair with period stains :( I am sorry you have to go through that.

I agree even if you are going to keep the pair they are not as described and you have to spend money buying cleaners to clean the mess and your time. That is worth a partial refund in my opinion.

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
Don't people wash their own stuff before sending it out? Hopefully the stain can be removed.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Whatever that crap is...you should a least get some sort of partial refund for you being grossed out.

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
Uhhh.....gross! (Which is actually a complete understatement)!!! :bigeyes :eek

And, wow....I totally agree with Linda (Sungy) that not all the "graphic" details were probably needed.

Double wow....you are WAY more tolerant than I would be cause I could NEVER bring myself to scrub out someone else's "mishap"!! :twitch No matter HOW much I wanted the jeans!!! :(

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The jeans were not listed in AF mall but the seller is an AF member. She has said in her listing (on another site) that she never wore them...I'm guessing she bought them used. Not sure she is aware of the stains.

I scrubbed some more after leaving the Shout in longer, still the same :cry

Maybe my BF has some 409 and I won't have to buy Zout...

Hahaha....Nola's comment....funny:rofl

·
Registered
18 Posts
try mixing some baking soda with water until it's a toothpaste consistency then put it on the stains. keep adding a little baking soda and water to it and occasionally scrub it. I was able to get a lipstick stain off shirt this way. overall took a few hours, but it worked.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.