Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I bought a pair of SFAM jeans off E-bay on October 11th from New Hampshire. I live in Ottawa, Ontario, and I have yet to recieve them! I e-mailed the seller last week, and I aksed her for a tracking numbr. She said "they will arrive by te end of the week." Needless to say, they have not. Am I being unreasonable? I've bought many things from USA, and it has NEVER taken this long. For a shipping charge of $25, I thought they would arrive by now. I don't like being mean, but I want my jeans by 2008. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
The other members will be able to tell you exactly what the appropriate action is at this point. I just wanna say that this is ludicrous. I can't imagine the item being held up at customs for this long, so IMO either the seller sent the package very late or didn't send it at all.

·
Registered
9,644 Posts
I make my buyers wait a full month for their items to arrive because sometimes shipping is just SLOW and theres nothing the seller can do about it.
It does seem like longer than usual though to Canada, I havent had any take quite that long.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I make my buyers wait a full month for their items to arrive because sometimes shipping is just SLOW and theres nothing the seller can do about it.
It does seem like longer than usual though to Canada, I havent had any take quite that long.

So you think I should wait a bit longer before taking action? :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
My CEO and VP of Operations are in Calgary and I get large envelopes regular post to Portland, OR in 4-5 pays. NH to Ontario is a shorter distance, is it not? You may get a letter from customs requesting that you pay GST and PST if there was any indicator to what the package contained. I forwarded a box with the corner of a Nordstrom shipping label and customs contacted the recipient for customs forms.

Did she give you the tracking number or just tell you that they would be there by the end of the week? From my experience those that wouldn't provide tracking info on their own accord didn't mail the item until I contacted them. Hopefully you'll get something soon!!! :mad: I would insist she give you the shipping info. You paid for it, you have the right to have it!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well when I asked for the tracking number, all she said was that she checked with the post office today, and they said that I should recieve them by the end of the week (which was last week).

I feel like for $25, I should have recieved them by now, or at least been provided with a tracking number!

·
Registered
9,149 Posts
Ha, I hope Canadian retailors would wake up, get with the program and lower their prices here! Canadian dollars have been strong for quite some time now and we are still paying prices from like 4 years ago. I know for myself, I've been buying everything from US retailors online only except groceries!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
from a seller stand point I been noticing a slow down with both the candian and us postal services (I guess we are getting close to xmas) I recently sent an item via express mail and it took nearly two weeks to arrive :shake Please note that tracking is not available on priority mail flate rate envelopes (the only thing you get is a customs #) imo I say wait a little while longer and your parcel should arrive shortly :magwink

·
Registered
173 Posts
I personally would give it a few more days. I had a package delivered today that was post marked on 10/19/07. This took a lot longer then normal for an item to arrive from Canada. And about a month ago I sold some thing on Ebay and it took a good a 3 weeks and it was just a girls gymboree dress!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Mail from the US to Canada = sloooooooow - gets hung up in customs
Mail from Canada to US - usually very fast

Just my experience. Especially right now because of the holidays coming up.

·
Registered
228 Posts
ITA with Kelly. Wait at least a month, BUT your seller should at least be able to give you the tracking #. You should INSIST on having the tracking #.

In the last 3 months I've shipped about 50 things to Canada. I shipped everything Priority International (NOT flat rate envelopes) and everything pretty much arrived within 5-10 days, BUT I had 3 exceptions: 1 took 5 weeks, 1 took 6 weeks, and 1 took 8 WEEKS! :eyebug

There's really no rhyme or reason. :IDK

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have never had so many problems with mail being S L O W. From Canada, or to Canada - both really slow. I had an envelope take 4 weeks to get to me. A bag stayed in customs for 10 days. Several other parcels are two weeks behind. HANG IN THERE. SB

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I recieved a package today and I got REALLY excited. I thought it was my Nakitas! Butttt it was my COH hat I ordered less than a week ago from USA, which made me wonder how some can take less than a week and some can take a month! What also made me mad was that customs charged me $18 for the COH. AHHHH I'm so angry!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts