Authentic Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi all :) i searched and could not find the answer :ashamed although i know it must be here somewhere :D

i had a buyer return an ebay item, which is fine, but my question is...

how do i receive my final value fee credit from ebay? i cant find the area in ebay where this is done :IDK

and, i know that i should let the buyer know ahead of time that they will receive a message from ebay to cancel the transaction, but should i refund the buyer first? or cancel the transaction first? which is appropriate protocol?

thank you :flowers

ETA: i think i figured out how to get the final value credit :) it looks like i have to file in the dispute resolution area?? to cancel the transaction and receive the final credit.

so my only question now is which do i do first, refund the buyer or cancel the transaction??

·
Registered
853 Posts
What I have done in the past to receive my final value credit is simply issue the refund on the Paypal and eBay page. I believe on the eBay page it is through "dispute resolution" and something along the lines of.. the buyer wants a refund.. The FVF is then automatically credited to your account.

ETA: but you should still wait for a mod/someone who's more experienced with returns and canceled transactions first.

·
Registered
10,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ thank you :love i found the "dispute resolution" on the ebay page and followed the instructions, i checked the box that the buyer wants a refund and think the buyer had to "okay it" before ebay would credit me? and ebay didn't automatically refund the buyer, so then i went to paypal and did the refund from the original payment.

all worked out well, thank you again :) and i just wonder if i am making this more difficult than it is :confused: and would still love to know how others do this process??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts