Authentic Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I semi-accidentally ended up with nearly the same pair of jeans (blue heights in eagle river with P pockets). I suspected the pair I was buying off of eBay was the same wash but it had the leg opening I wanted (12" as opposed to the 14" I already had) so I bought them thinking I'd resell the pair I already have. Now that I have both pairs I'm kinda thinking I'd like to keep both but I was wondering about re-dyeing the first pair. I know Paige does a black overdye that looks quite nice and I was wondering if anyone had attempted to re-dye paige jeans. I'm really unsure since I don't know what they would look like and it seems like a bit of a sacrilege since they are so pretty :love to begin with.

Any thoughts?:confused:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I bought a pair of Roxburys in Piscini Blue for super cheap and dyed them black using 3 rit dyes and a bucket. They look great. I've only worn them once, so I can't say how the dye job holds up against fading, but they look good for now. I have some before pics, if you want I'll take some after pics too so you can see how they turned out.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I'd really like to see the before and after pictures :)

I love dark jeans, but the pairs I find on ebay are always light washes

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought a pair of Roxburys in Piscini Blue for super cheap and dyed them black using 3 rit dyes and a bucket. They look great. I've only worn them once, so I can't say how the dye job holds up against fading, but they look good for now. I have some before pics, if you want I'll take some after pics too so you can see how they turned out.
I'd love to see your pics. I paid way too much for the first pair so I'm a bit iffy on reselling them since I would probably loose a fair bit on them. I really loved the pocket style I just hadn't realize that the leg would be so wide (on me they look more like a straight leg). The second pair was a good deal though so I guess it evens out :)

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Wow, I love the after pics. How long did you keep the jeans in the dye bucket? And what did you do afterwards?

·
Registered
90 Posts
They were in there for the best part of an hour. After I rinsed them I washed them in the machine with a cup of vinegar, which apparently "sets" the color. They don't fit me very well, too big on my legs, so I don't really wear them, so I can't say whether the color is "set" or not.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those look great! :love Did you do anything to the embroidery on the back left pocket to get it to keep it's colour? That's what I'm most concerned about with the pair I have is that the pretty P's on the back pockets don't get lost.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks :) No, I didn't do anything special to the stitching. I think the dye only works on fabrics that are mostly cotton, or mostly natural materials, it says something to that effect on the box. Maybe that's why the stitching kept it's color.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts