Authentic Jeans Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
36,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, pretty much everyone knows that I delivered baby #6 in my car outside the hospital. :eek: Well, the afterbirth and repair was done inside the hospital, at their insistence, so the doctor is charging for a "full delivery" because I was in a delivery room for the repair, etc. They said if they use a room and open a sterile kit, it is considered a full delivery. This makes no sense to me; I have to pay the 20% of a full delivery, (insurance pays 80%) when I did the hardest part myself. :rofl The insurance said the doctor could code it as after-care, which would cost a lot less, but they refuse to do it. thoughts? Maybe I'm wrong, and if so, I'll accept it and move on. :eek:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
8,530 Posts
I have nothing to add except, I absolutely love the fact that you delivered your baby in your car :love

(and they are bastards for charging you full price).

·
Registered
8,760 Posts
^^I don't have anything to add either, but I agree with Rob....

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
i also agree with rob.

try talking to the billing department directly, maybe? if you are persistent enough, it can work. i did it for an ER bill :D

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
they tried to do that to my mom, she delivered me in the car too but i was born 20 minutes before they got to the hospital...she threatened them with a lawyer (which she didnt even have at the time :rofl) and they changed it...good luck with that :)

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
You should not be fully charged IMO because it was not a full delivery. The only thing they did was take the baby to the room and stitch you up or whatever. I definitely would call the hospital and discuss it with the billing department.

·
Registered
8,530 Posts
I think it is awful that you have to pay in the first place to have a baby, but to have to pay for something they did not even do is insane. Especially when they charge ridiculous costs like $35.00 for a bandage on an itemized bill, it is shocking that they feel they can charge you for services not rendered.

Definitely complain.

·
Registered
246 Posts
That is crazy!! I hope you can get the charges changed because that is asinine that you would have to pay full price on a delivery that you did yourself!!

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
Thanks; i feel better now. :) Sometimes I feel like I'm out in left field. :jumping
No you're not out in left field. It's okay to question the charges because you have to pay the cost. Sometimes I complain when a store overchares me by $2.00 on items:rofl I'm weird.

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
You can try and argue with the hospital, and they can bill you differently. You have to call and call and call again though, or at least that's what I had to do, but they made the change in my case.

(I was being charged as outpatient and having to pay a ton for some tests they did, and I argued and argued and eventually they did change the bill and billed my insurance as inpatient and ended up paying the copayment only).

It is worth a shot, though.
Good luck, Shi!

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
No you're not out in left field. It's okay to question the charges because you have to pay the cost. Sometimes I complain when a store overchares me by $2.00 on items:rofl I'm weird.
LOL, I complain when its 25 cents. After working retail I realize how many times prices ring up wrong, so I always double check my receipt. The money really adds up over time and most cashiers don't pay attention when something accidentally rings up twice or something doesn't ring up the marked clearance price. Sale stickers often get left up accidentally & you get charged full price.

I would definitely investigate this. I think its B.S. that they are charging you for a full delivery, but it wouldn't surprise me if its classified as one in their system. You are not out of bounds trying to challenge this.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
is this CDH Hospital? I had success working with them to dispute some charges on my bill after the birth of my twins (they charged me for days I wasn't even there!). Its worth a try - you are definitely not out of line!

I also got seperate bills from the hospital (for rooms, services) and from the doctor (for the actual delivery).

·
Registered
36,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
is this CDH Hospital? I had success working with them to dispute some charges on my bill after the birth of my twins (they charged me for days I wasn't even there!). Its worth a try - you are definitely not out of line!

I also got seperate bills from the hospital (for rooms, services) and from the doctor (for the actual delivery).
It was at Edward. It's not the hospital, it's the doctor. :twitch The insurance company told me to try and convince the doctor to code it for after care and laceration repair, but the billing department won't budge. They say it's fraudulent to list it as after care, but I say it's fraudulent to list it as a complete delivery. Believe me, it's far from over; we're talking $600 here. :shake

I got separate bills from the hospital too.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
5,951 Posts
I agree you shouldn't be charged for it, but I also see Pam's point about them delivering the afterbirth. It is definitely worth fighting it. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Tell them you'll pay the bill if they'll pay to get your car cleaned :jumping

1 - 20 of 27 Posts