Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, i am guessing this a scam..but i'm not totally sure.

i got an e-mail today from a guy who claims to be the seller of the jeans i was outbid for yesterday and he said this:

Hi,I am the seller of the eBay item :300170481351,and I've just been contacted by the eBay staff who informed me that the winner of this item got rejected due to security reasons (either failed to follow through on the purchase commitment or outright refused to do so). Your last auctioned bid prior to being outbided is taken into consideration as eBay policy automatically proclaims you to be the winner by default.Nevertheless,I need your agreement on this so I may contact eBay to confirm your winning position otherwise I'll relist the item. If you're interested please confirm by forwarding this message to e-mail and include your name,address and ebay ID. Thanks!

does ebay even send you e-mails for a second chance offer for an item? i never had this happen before? i don't even know how he got my e-mail? but that was indeed the item i bid for...

· Registered
12,015 Posts
besides if it were a legit second chance offer you'd see it in your my ebay page. DO NOT click on any links in emails and sign in. ALWAYS open up a new window and sign in

· Premium Member
34,067 Posts
Total crap scam. You can NEVER be the default winner/required to purchase anything that your name doesn't appear as the winner on anyway. Once the auction ends, all non winning bids are null and void. ANd a real 2nd chance offer is a mini-auction that only you can bid on, and looks just like a normal auction page

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.