Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, strange question, but I had to ask..:ashamed

Every summer I feel like this. Particularly this summer, here in NY, it's been unbelievably hot and humid and I feel like I just swell up...All my jeans feel tight, and I just feel gross all around. It sucks because I really do like the warmer weather, just hate feeling gross all the time!

Please tell me I'm not alone in this...:D

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
I totally know what you mean. I feel gross all the time too, but its just from the heat. I don't feel swelled up or anything and I'm not even trying to wear jeans right now. I have a few pairs of capris and shorts an thats what I wear. All I have to do is go outside one time for a few minutes and I feel like a greasy french fry with huge frizzy hair. I have not even bothered to try to fix my hair because every time I use the flat iron it is ruined in 3 MINUTES.:mad: Its all this fucking humidity that gets me mad. I wish I was in AZ. Sick of this shit already.

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
YES. It's because there is more moisture on your skin, making the fabric of your jeans (especially if you wear them super tight like I already do) stick to your skin and not letting things slide in the way they should. I am in the humidity capital of the world I think... I swear I don't know how people don't drown from breathing since you're basically breathing water at this point. It's disgusting. It's so bad when I'm running sometimes that I'm not even to the point where I'm sweating yet I'm covered in liquid. Gross. Can't wait for fall.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
YES. It's because there is more moisture on your skin, making the fabric of your jeans (especially if you wear them super tight like I already do) stick to your skin and not letting things slide in the way they should. I am in the humidity capital of the world I think... I swear I don't know how people don't drown from breathing since you're basically breathing water at this point. It's disgusting. It's so bad when I'm running sometimes that I'm not even to the point where I'm sweating yet I'm covered in liquid. Gross. Can't wait for fall.
^^You live close enough to me so we have about the same weather. Its just gonna be fucking hot and then fucking freezing without any other change in season.:mad::( It seems like there are only 7 days a year that I can open my windows.

I am so tired of not being able to do anything with my hair. I am thinking of getting a fake pony tail so I can cover my huge real frizzy one.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Yep... Im feeling it too... It is realllly humid and hot where we live. Went to the County Fair last night. Felt soooooo grosssss. No breeze, humid and hotter than hell, and the the skeeters came out. Went right home and hopped in the shower! :(

P.S. One thought on your bloatedness in the summer....wonder if you are not getting enough water? If you are dehydrated, then your body will reserve the water it does have instead of flushing thru you, causing bloat. I hope I make sense. Its basically the reverse effect that you would think would happen.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
^^I never get bitten by mosquitos when its real hot and the sun is out. Once it FINALLY cools off a little around 6 at night then they come out and bite. Even they aren't stupid enough to bite in this heat.:shake

I was thinking the same thing with hydration too. That could cause you to feel a little bloated. I have been drinking a lot of coconut water just to stay hydrated lately.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Come visit guys...its 65-70, breezy and sunny here most of the day. No humidity at all :D
By "breezy and sunny" if you mean freezing cold and foggy, then yes, go to SF!

I am visiting Ottawa and it has been hot and humid... and I love it! I hate that I can't ever wear short sleeves or sandals in SF. :(

·
Registered
784 Posts
^^I never get bitten by mosquitos when its real hot and the sun is out. Once it FINALLY cools off a little around 6 at night then they come out and bite. Even they aren't stupid enough to bite in this heat.:shake

I was thinking the same thing with hydration too. That could cause you to feel a little bloated. I have been drinking a lot of coconut water just to stay hydrated lately.
Oh, sorry, forgot one little detail.....we were there in the heat and humidity and then stayed for the Queen Contest that started at Dusk....so thats when the Skeeters came out....and I even sprayed with bugspray before going to the Fair!! :(

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I totally know what you mean. I feel gross all the time too, but its just from the heat. I don't feel swelled up or anything and I'm not even trying to wear jeans right now. I have a few pairs of capris and shorts an thats what I wear. All I have to do is go outside one time for a few minutes and I feel like a greasy french fry with huge frizzy hair. I have not even bothered to try to fix my hair because every time I use the flat iron it is ruined in 3 MINUTES.:mad: Its all this fucking humidity that gets me mad. I wish I was in AZ. Sick of this shit already.
This reminds me of my holiday to Miami a few years ago. The humidity made my hair frizz and I had the old GHDs that didn't adapt to different voltages, so they never heated up enough. That was a bad hair holiday!

I'd gladly take a bit of humidity now though. Summer left about 6 weeks ago and it hasn't returned.:(

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's been so nice here in SoCal...in the 70s. Kinda strange for the summer though, usually at this time it's hot as hell.
Ahh I hope to be moving to SoCal soon, in the next few years hopefully. :DEven when it's really hot there, it probably doesn't feel as bad as it does here because it's a drier heat, I'm guessing?

I won't miss NY AT ALL.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I think you should go back to Canada so we can all stop hearing you complain about how much you hate America.
Chill out, I like America just fine. I was surprised about the weather because I didn't realize the weather was different than the rest of California. :roll

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Chill out, I like America just fine. I was surprised about the weather because I didn't realize the weather was different than the rest of California. :roll
Cali has MANY different climates. When I lived in Tahoe, it got down to -14F one winter:bigeyes.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Cali has MANY different climates. When I lived in Tahoe, it got down to -14F one winter:bigeyes.
I had NO idea of that before I moved! I would like to live in the South Bay or in the Moraga (sp?) area.

Tahoe is :love .

·
Denim Goddess
14,606 Posts
yes come here! nicest weather in the south bay :) no humidity, always sunny and warm! and chill enough in the Fall that you can still dress up in your fav peacoats and such :jumping oh and no gray skies and foggy chilly weather like SF :jumping

1 - 20 of 27 Posts