Authentic Jeans Forums banner

Do you kiss your pet?

5K views 103 replies 51 participants last post by  bethy_29 
#1 ·
BF and I are having an arguement about me kissing my cats. I kiss them all of the time, they are my babies. He googled it and found a list of diseases you can get from them and threw that in my face....even said he will stop kissing me if I don't stop kissing them. I dont really care though because I love them. Do you guys think it is really that big of a deal or is gross? I am wondering how many other people do it?

#2 · (Edited)
:hide I think its gross... but I kissed my pets when I was a kid *before* I actually started thinking about what germs and junk are on them.

ETA: I'm also highly allergic to cats/dogs, so keeping them as far away from my face as possible is my main goal and the only way we can keep her around.

#57 ·
^ :yes my mom still gets angry with me when i kiss my dogs. she says "you dont need to do that" but i must :jumping at least 50 times a day :rofl i just give her "the look" and kinda feel bad that she doesn't feel the same way towards her doggie

the boyfriend is a control freak, he is making that overwhelmingly clear imo.

#8 ·
google the diseases you can get from kissing other people and show him. your list will be quite a bit larger.
Heheheh....

Yeah, I do. Especially my little one, Psycho Kitty, it *really* annoys her.

They're my lil buddies. I love 'em to death. If a girlfriend threatened to stop kissing me if I didn't stop kissing them, she'd be on the street corner with her bags packed. Sionara, bitch.

#7 ·
well geez, it's not like you're kissing them on the nose or mouth, right? That's the only place I would think might be sketchy in terms of diseases (I don't know much about cat diseases, though...)

I kiss my dogs all the time, and occasionally my puppy will sneak in a kiss on my mouth...no diseases yet! lol

ETA: :rofl good point Vik!

#11 ·
I mainly kiss them on top of the head, every now and then a super fuzzy belly.

I do have to admit though that my new kitten loves people food (especially bananas) and if she smells it on your breath she will try and lick your face (mainly chin), and she does sneak one in when she lays on my chest every now and then. He doesnt know that though, he would probably flip :rofl

#15 ·
:rofl When I read your original post I thought you meant kissing your pets on the mouth, which yes I do think is gross. However, I always kissed my dog on the head (and sometimes her muzzle) and I don't see anything wrong with that. They're lovable animals!

#49 ·
i agree pam. :eek: it's a shame, because you are such a sweet gal; it appears your bf is dragging you down. :(

^lol I agree. Kids always have snot and/or food all over their faces.
i can guarantee you this: you will both change your minds when you have children of your own. :magwink

...and my kids never have food or snot on their faces :confused: :jumping

i fail to understand how kissing a pet on the head is gross. :twitch the mouth is another thing (for me), but the head? seriously. :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.