Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a GPS for a Christmas gift. So I want to do some research online, but I think it's also important to hear from ppl that already have one. So-- what do you have? How do you like it? Would you recommend it? :) Thanks!

·
Banned
1,555 Posts
We have a Garmin, don't know what model it is, but it is awesome. Has turn by turn directions, and is very easy to use.

·
Registered
802 Posts
We have a Garmin, don't know what model it is, but it is awesome. Has turn by turn directions, and is very easy to use.
i too have a garmin, can't remember what model it is but it was $300. i like it but the stupid thing doesn't charge on its car charger, so i had to buy an a/c adapter for it. but otherwise it works well except sometimes it doesn't tell you soon enough about a turn so it helps to have someone looking at it and reading it.

i also have an atlantis which is also nice. it does tell you earlier about turns, but sometimes it can be annoying about finding the satellites.

·
Registered
9,644 Posts
we have a garmin 760 and I couldnt be happier with it!

I definitely recommend it.

I also just bought a tom tom gps for an xmas gift from e cost. They have some spiffy deals , so definitely check there (but make sure you see if the item is refurbished because some items they sell are refurbs.)

·
Registered
802 Posts
i too have a garmin, can't remember what model it is but it was $300. i like it but the stupid thing doesn't charge on its car charger, so i had to buy an a/c adapter for it. but otherwise it works well except sometimes it doesn't tell you soon enough about a turn so it helps to have someone looking at it and reading it.

i also have an atlantis which is also nice. it does tell you earlier about turns, but sometimes it can be annoying about finding the satellites.
oops just checked the other one i have is a magellan not atlantis. what the heck happened to the edit button?!?

·
Registered
9,149 Posts
BF bought me a Tomtom when I first moved to this city. We were comparing between Garmin and Tomtom and TomTom seemed to be better value. We looked at the Garmin at the same price we paid, it was bulkier and didn't have so many "point of interest". I wanted something sleek so I couldn't fit into my purse. I wouldn't trust to leave that in the car.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
im not much help since it came "with" the car as a package wheni bought it
but ive heard that Mc????? brand is good and garmin.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
I have a GPS that came with my car and I LOVE it!

But my cousin's GF have a Garmin and it has worked very well for her. I forget what model she got but it is the one that is pretty flat.

Excellent gift idea!!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
i got mine with the car and i LOVE it. it sometimes suck b/c u had to look down while driving. but its very reliable and you can enhance the image/map.

my friend has a garmin as well. its pretty good. it sometimes doesnt work if its cloudy out. and you cant enhance the map view. but the good thing is, its portable. you can have it in your car or if your walkingin around, you can use it.

one thing you have to make sure about navigations is the accuracy. a lot of them have this problem. my friends nav is accurate up to 10 ft and mines about 3-5 ft. but i would go with garmin. its like $500 for a good one, and its portable. mine was $2k installed.

·
Registered
762 Posts
We have Tom Tom, works great except in the city where all the high risers/sky scrapers are.
Really? We use ours mostly when we go to Boston or NYC and have never had a problem with the tall buildings. DH is using it right now in Austria so I will have to ask him how that is working out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts