1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14,498 Posts
I thought Dojo Flip Flop had a shorter inseam to wear with flip flops :IDK

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
this^ but i have always wondered, are the washes modified for shorter legs as well?

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ohh ok that makes sense then as the ones I was looking at had a short 30" inseam. thx

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
^I don't think the wash/fading is modified; just the inseam. I think Lexies are the only ones that have modified fit and washing all over. I could be wrong though.
boo :cry

well that explains why i love my lexies so much!

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
The weird thing is, most of the flip flop pairs I've seen on ebay actually have a shorter inseam (29-30") than Lexies (usually 30.5-32").
I've noticed that too. My flip-flops are a little over 29" and I can actually only wear them with flip-flops or flats, but my lexies are definately longer and perfect for me.

·
Registered
252 Posts
What exactly are Lexies? Are they cut for petite people, and if so, what does that mean exactly? I keep looking at them but am too scared to buy them...

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong! I've never had Lexies, but this is what I've gathered from reading about them.

Lexies have a lower rise and shorter inseam. They run a little smaller than their regular versions.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
i need at least 34" :eek: i'm 5'9" and i think i'm long everythinged :rofl i definitely have monkey arms to go along with my long legs :rofl
Oh wow! I'm an inch shorter than you. haha

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong! I've never had Lexies, but this is what I've gathered from reading about them.

Lexies have a lower rise and shorter inseam. They run a little smaller than their regular versions.
oh i didn't know they had a lower rise...but that makes sense. so when they start making more long inseam stuff hopefully they will have a higher rise and not fall off my booty :rofl

·
Registered
6,700 Posts
Yep, Lexies have a slightly lower rise - my 3 pairs all have ~7" rise. The inseam of course is shorter, and the fit through the legs and the washing/fading is adjusted to fit more proportionally on a petite woman. For example, with my Dojos the knee break and factory fading actually break at my real knees, whereas with regular Dojos the fade goes down past my knees and the fit is not as tight throughout the thighs.

If it helps, here's a comparison between my Nakita and Dark Seville regular-fitting Dojos (both of which I sold after discovering Lexies) and my Baltimore and Sri Lanka Lexie Dojos (all 4 pairs are size 25):

Also, because of the more tailored fit, most people find Lexies to run smaller in general compared to the regular fits. I'm in between a 24 and 25, and I always go with 25's in Lexies. I could probably even wear a 26 in the Baltimore Lexies, but I like 'em tight. :eek:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Oh, cool! Thanks for the pictures! So, silly question number 2-how does one know if a Lexie would fit better (I don't have any stores around to try them on), but I'm 5"6, so always need to hem all my jeans, and sometimes the whiskering is below the knee or I lose a lot of the flare when I hem them. But then I'm not really small in the thighs or booty...
(I think I always still equate petite with very skinny, which I am not, therefore tend to shy away from it)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts