Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get him some premium denim for Christmas. He has skinny legs and a tiny butt so nothing too baggy in those areas. He needs some light-ish wash jeans (but nothing too 80's) and he doesn't like anything dramatic in wash, pockets or distressing. Basically, a nice fitting, quality pair of jeans without too much flash :) A slim straight leg would be ideal, or a slim bootcut.

·
Registered
169 Posts
:D No one has supplied any input maybe because of your avatar as of this minute..."make the stupid people shut up" :D

I'm only advocating these cuts because these are the only ones I wear. I love simplistic minimalism and I believe these would fit the bill in terms of light, non-over the top distressing. These jeans are rather simple and plain but still looks great.

Would these wash be considered 80-ish? :) I believe both of these ** (8AT, 8BK) washes has a tendency to stretch with wear, so he may or may not want to size down.
**Viker 8AT
Diesel Online Store - VIKER - Jeans
**Timmen 8BK
Diesel Online Store - TIMMEN - Jeans

Timmen 8BE
Timmen 70Y

YOOX - Fashion & Design Shopping Online

Diesel Online Store - Jeans

I also think this is a fantastic guide. Although it's not entirely complete, it's pretty useful. Some photos are "incorrect" in that they don't quite show the true representation of how the wash looks in person.
http://www.authenticforum.com/diese...lare-straight-taper-wash-fit-photo-guide.html

**You may want to look into Safado's but I do NOT recommend it. They honestly look like tights. Unless of course you would like to see your husband prance around in tights not only on the home front but out in public.

·
Drunk Friend
11,408 Posts
oh gawd, strawberry. knock it off.

How slim of a cut are you looking for, gsmbaby?

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not so slim that he looks like he should sprout a mullet (we are both "young" enough to have done the super skinny/tapered leg the first time around) :jumping but wide legs and some relaxed and boot cuts look ridiculous on his chicken legs :D So, Classic slim not rockstar slim :D

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He's a manager at a Fortune 250 company and it would be nice if they are classic enough for him to wear to work on the occasional Friday - if that's a better answer.

·
Drunk Friend
11,408 Posts
Viker 8AT sounds good. Safado are nowhere near as tight as strawberry claims (his description is more apt for Gloovy and Thanaz), but they are probably a bit too slim for work. I'd look at the Viker and Yarik cuts. Viker 8AT and Yarik 71V....

·
Registered
169 Posts
I believe he needs to determine the right cut before he starts looking for the appropriate wash.

I would also consider looking into JOE'S JEANS as well.
-Classic
-Rocker (bootcut, but given the wash Joe's Jeans come in, these may be acceptable)
-Brixton (he might also want to skip the brixton, might be a little too slim for work environment. but it wouldn't hurt to test them out if you have a local retailer. Macy's or Nordstrom usually carries Joe's).

Joe's Jeans - Holiday 2007 Collection - Free Shipping!

SEVEN FOR ALLMANKIND also might not be a bad choice to look at.

He's a manager at a Fortune 250 company and it would be nice if they are classic enough for him to wear to work on the occasional Friday - if that's a better answer.

Consider the following DIESEL cuts:

A) Viker
B) Larkee
C) Revick
D) Levan
E) Quratt - possibly; may be too loose on him.

I absolutely cannot condone the following cuts:
(1) Gloovy, Thanaz, Safado.

Automatically cross these off your list NOW (yes, Avatar, that also meas YOU :D ) Secondly, skip ALL bootcuts, even if it did look acceptable on him. Third, do NOT size down. He needs to either wear what's comfortable to start.

Not so slim that he looks like he should sprout a mullet (we are both "young" enough to have done the super skinny/tapered leg the first time around) :jumping but wide legs and some relaxed and boot cuts look ridiculous on his chicken legs :D So, Classic slim not rockstar slim :D
(from tightest to loosest)
GLOOVY: Extremely slim cut straight leg. "Cigarette leg" and "Denim leggings" have been used to describe this cut. Tighter than THANAZ.
THANAZ: Straight leg, extremely slim fit, loose waist.
TIMMEN: Straight leg, slim fit, high rise.
SAFADO: Straight leg, slim fit, low rise, has a semi-hidden small right back pocket near waistband.
VIKER: Straight leg, slim fit, low rise. Back pockets spaced further apart.
YARIK (B): Straight leg, regular fit, very low front rise/medium back rise. Zip pockets.
REVICK: Chino styled denim jean.
LARKEE: Straight leg, regular fit, mid/high rise.
LEVAN: Straight leg, regular fit, mid/high rise.
QURATT: Straight leg, relaxed fit.

·
Drunk Friend
11,408 Posts
"god you fucking suck strawberryshortcake"

as true now as it was when I posted it like.... 3 days ago.

·
Drunk Friend
11,408 Posts
Condoning Quratt but not Safado pretty much makes me skip the rest of your post.

I spy an 8FC.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
How bout zatiny? Its a slim bootcut like zathan but without as much of a flare. Zatiny 8FC looks great, I'm hoping to get a pair myself soon. Zathan has kind of a big bootcut, but I have chicken legs as well and I love my zathans

And wtf strawberryshortcake? She asks for slim cuts and you give her quaratt and levan? :confused:

·
Registered
169 Posts
How bout zatiny? Its a slim bootcut like zathan but without as much of a flare. Zatiny 8FC looks great, I'm hoping to get a pair myself soon. Zathan has kind of a big bootcut, but I have chicken legs as well and I love my zathans

And wtf strawberryshortcake? She asks for slim cuts and you give her quaratt and levan? :confused:
:D :D :jumping I don't know. That guide I have is direct from Avatar. Secondly, "slim" cuts, including bootcut, (yes, I did say bootcuts :) ) is usually not appropriate for work, unless work is relatively fashion related.

Quaratt and Levan may be appropriate if he sized down. :) I would actually have not recommended the Quaratt or Levan if she didn't mention anything about "for work."

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
I like Vikers & Levan / Larkees on my dh. Vikers are snug. The Levan / Larkees are looser.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
:D :D :jumping I don't know. That guide I have is direct from Avatar. Secondly, "slim" cuts, including bootcut, (yes, I did say bootcuts :) ) is usually not appropriate for work, unless work is relatively fashion related.

Quaratt and Levan may be appropriate if he sized down. :) I would actually have not recommended the Quaratt or Levan if she didn't mention anything about "for work."
Since she asked for slim bootcuts, I'm going to assume slim bootcuts are ok. mmmmkay? :thumbsup

Just noticed you (op) said lightish wash. Zathan 8AT is awesome, but the bootcut might be too wide, it'd be best to have your husband try on a pair of zathans and see for yourself

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's not that they have to be slim cuts for style reasons, it's just that his legs & butt are that tiny. If I don't buy a slimmer cut jeans, he just looks poofy which isn't a flattering look for anyone.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
It's not that they have to be slim cuts for style reasons, it's just that his legs & butt are that tiny. If I don't buy a slimmer cut jeans, he just looks poofy which isn't a flattering look for anyone.
lol I totally understand this, its why I never wear any of my looser cuts anymore. I float in the thighs of any relaxed jean. Try to find him zathans in the right size, you won't regret it :thumbsup

1 - 20 of 25 Posts