Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
^^ Yep Fake 100%, careful there are 2 pair on Ebay.

1.Wash is off
2.No Made in Italy on the tag, and microstitching is fake !

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
^^ Ha, May be you're right, Never seen such pairs...always morocco or Tunisia on the tag or Italy. Besides we talking about Slammer 8BI, they must be made in Italy !

·
Premium Member
26,102 Posts
^^ Ha, May be you're right, Never seen such pairs...always morocco or Tunisia on the tag or Italy. Besides we talking about Slammer 8BI, they must be made in Italy !

What reputable source of information are you using to say all Slammer 8BI (or any model for that matter) is all made in Italy only?

There are models that are made in multiple countries. I believe 8AT is one that was discussed here recently that was made in both Italy and another country.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
^^ I said 8BI and not 8AT.....Like I said never seen 8BI that not made in Italy (and I've seen quite a few). Only fakes like this one, plus I've never seen real Diesel with out any country on the tag. Thats all.....its all from personal experience !

·
Premium Member
26,102 Posts
^^ I said 8BI and not 8AT.....Like I said never seen 8BI that not made in Italy (and I've seen quite a few). Only fakes like this one, plus I've never seen real Diesel with out any country on the tag. Thats all.....its all from personal experience !
Thanks, I asked for a reputable source not your personal experience. From my personal experience (selling thousands of pairs of Diesel and auth checking tens of thousands) you are incorrect.

·
Premium Member
32,335 Posts
Reputable.

reputable - definition of reputable by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

rep·u·ta·ble (rpy-t-bl)
adj.
Having a good reputation; honorable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

repu·ta·bili·ty n.
repu·ta·bly adv.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2003. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
reputable [rep-pew-tab-bl]
Adjective
trustworthy or respectable
reputably adv
Collins Essential English Dictionary 2nd Edition 2006 © HarperCollins Publishers 2004, 2006

ThesaurusLegend: Synonyms Related Words Antonyms
Adj. 1. reputable - having a good reputation; "a reputable business"; "a reputable scientist"; "a reputable wine"
honourable, honorable - worthy of being honored; entitled to honor and respect; "an honorable man"; "led an honorable life"; "honorable service to his country"
respectable - characterized by socially or conventionally acceptable morals; "a respectable woman"
disreputable - lacking respectability in character or behavior or appearance

Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2008 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.

reputable
adjective respectable, good, excellent, reliable, worthy, legitimate, upright, honourable, honoured, trustworthy, creditable, estimable, well-thought-of, of good repute << OPPOSITE disreputable
Collins Essential Thesaurus 2nd Edition 2006 © HarperCollins Publishers 2005, 2006

·
Registered
317 Posts
interesting pic mike!

"treasurehoard" should be mentioned under luvapup's post lol :headspin

·
Premium Member
26,102 Posts
Its missing the "R" for registered trademark before the "D" in Diesel.
Not every pair has the "R" on them. I just did a quick check of some pairs I have laying around here and 2/6 pairs I checked do not have the "R" on them...

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Not every pair has the "R" on them. I just did a quick check of some pairs I have laying around here and 2/6 pairs I checked do not have the "R" on them...
i don't own any pre 2007. were the missing R's found on early washes? all of mine have the R but they are all late model. did you find any late cuts & washes missing the R? this has me curious now :rofl

·
Premium Member
26,102 Posts
i don't own any pre 2007. were the missing R's found on early washes? all of mine have the R but they are all late model. did you find any late cuts & washes missing the R? this has me curious now :rofl
The pairs were both made for markets other then the US. I don't know for sure but I am going to say jeans made for the European market probably do not have the "R".

·
Registered
4 Posts
The pairs were both made for markets other then the US. I don't know for sure but I am going to say jeans made for the European market probably do not have the "R".
Yeah, that is true, I was just giving him another reason of why the coin strip looks off, though I think most fakes lack that "R". It looks as if the 30th XXX jeans are missing the "R" from the pics I've seen as well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts