Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
Shelley's Bitch
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"As Diesel celebrates its 30th anniversary, the Italian denim brand will unveil a huge thank-you gift to their supporters as they initiate the “Dirty Thirty” denim campaign. In anticipation of a massive 17 city, 8 time zone party kicking off in Tokyo on October 11th, on the day before, the brand will release a one-day only limited edition “Dirty Thirty” denim. The catch is the exorbitantly low price of €30 EUR/$50 USD. The xXx/30 theme that we saw originally with Diesel’s viral video continues as well as we see symbolic touches on the denim. The jeans will be available at select Diesel stores starting at 10:00 am on Friday, October 10th."

Denimology: Diesel "Dirty Thirty" Celebrations

Like em'?

$50 sounds like a great price too.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
I actually really dislike them. Diesel has many better-looking washes. Perhaps they'd look good on others here, but they are definitely not for me.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I kinda like them. I wonder what the back looks like? I didn't see anything about them being $50 though, did I miss that?

·
Registered
570 Posts
I kinda like them. I wonder what the back looks like? I didn't see anything about them being $50 though, did I miss that?
Yes. It the cost to US buyers is $50. Until I found about this jean for the 30th year Diesel commemoration, I never heard of the Heeven cut like many. It would have been nice to see them offered say in a traditional straight leg cut for men like Viker, but ah well. The ladies make out with this deal with the Matic cut which is popular.

I am getting them tomorrow as I already reserved them for pick up. I'm not 100% sold on the cut and still undecided on the wash as I haven't seen it in person, but I figured for $50 and for a nice special edition commemorative jean, I'll give it a try. At the very least, if they are emarrassing to walk out in public with, I'll enjoy sporting them around the house or call it a souvenir :IDK

·
Registered
858 Posts
I am going to check them out tomorrow, but apparently 200 pairs have already been reserved. hopefully i'll get to take a look at them at least. the wash is different and I am not a huge fan...but i do love matics

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
would you buy them if they were on the $20 sale rack at american eagle? that's sort of what they look like, although the matics aren't as bad as the heeven

·
Registered
570 Posts
would you buy them if they were on the $20 sale rack at american eagle? that's sort of what they look like, although the matics aren't as bad as the heeven
If they were these Diesel jeans, yes haha.

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
They are butt ugly and I would never wear them even if they were free. Maybe that is why Diesel did the markdown. lol

·
Registered
570 Posts
They are butt ugly and I would never wear them even if they were free. Maybe that is why Diesel did the markdown. lol
I'm taking a collector's standpoint, but I haven't seen them in person so I'll find out for sure whether I vomit or not tomorrow. Given the economic crisis, maybe they figured they would give the consumer a mark-down haha.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
the reason for all this dirty thirty bullshit is to generate hype. and they've succeeded. i just got a FB message from a friend who doesn't even wear designer stuff, but knows i wear diesel jeans, to let me know about this $50 diesel jean promotion. even more so, they have tons of people who had no interest in the heeven cut before, all of the sudden talking about getting on wait lists, and creating threads on the internet.... about the heeven. look at the model pictures. do you know why they don't picture the guy from the thigh down? because heeven looks like shit from the thigh down, especially on a smaller frame like his.

diesel marketing wins again.

·
Registered
317 Posts
if it was viker or zathan/zatiny i would have already ordered em lol

·
Registered
93 Posts
pros: cheap, collecter item, looks like 764 wash

cons: heeven, hollister-esque

side note the model in the picture looks like zooey deschanel

·
Denim Goddess
14,606 Posts
the reason for all this dirty thirty bullshit is to generate hype. and they've succeeded. i just got a FB message from a friend who doesn't even wear designer stuff, but knows i wear diesel jeans, to let me know about this $50 diesel jean promotion. even more so, they have tons of people who had no interest in the heeven cut before, all of the sudden talking about getting on wait lists, and creating threads on the internet.... about the heeven. look at the model pictures. do you know why they don't picture the guy from the thigh down? because heeven looks like shit from the thigh down, especially on a smaller frame like his.

me too, random people have been posting on my fb wall asking me if I heard of it and I know they never cared about their jeans before.. I personally think these look really cheap and ugly.. I despise that patch.. and really $600?? I really do not think they would ever sell if that is the regular price, supposedly.

·
Registered
62 Posts
So,the Dirty Dirty for guy is a Heeven cut and the one for a gal is a Matic cut,right? Or that they both similar to the Heeven cut and the Matic cut? In addition,what are the washes for the men and the women pair? Does anyone know if we can order a guy and a gal pair of Dirty Thirty online?

·
Banned
255 Posts
i also think they look cheap.. i wish i could see the back pockets, but im going to get them just because theyre diesels and 50 dollars.. they will be my first pair, i wish they werent 100% cotton though.. Anywho, Can i get opinions on two things? First, do you think id have better luck ordering, or going to a diesel store? for some reason i think there will be LOADS of people in a store and huuuuge lines..
Secondly, if i wear a 24/25 in Trs and r&rs what size diesels should i get? thank you

·
Registered
570 Posts

Of course it generates hype. I look at more like a collector piece for me being that I enjoy my collection of jeans I have. Regardles Imhotep...I sense anger in your typing. Maybe you need to take a stroll in your "yard" :D

1 - 20 of 204 Posts