Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to leave feedback for a buyer this morning and it asked me to take a survey. The questions were related to negative/retaliatory/unfair feedback. First just asked if you bought or sold on ebay and if you had ever been on the receiving end of such feedback and if it affected your selling/buying on ebay. THEN it asked, if as a buyer, I would prefer: a) to keep the system as is, b) if I make a "timely" payment, for the seller to ONLY have the option of leaving positive (or none, I assume) feedback or c) if I make a "timely" payment, for ebay to automatically give me a positive feedback.

WTF?? Are they kidding me? Ebay must be snorting crack. They are totally obliterating their own feedback system if they are even contemplating this new method! Um, I think most sellers here would agree that plenty of "neg worthy" situations have arisen after a buyer pays. So an automatic pos or pos-only option STINKS. And what is "timely" in ebay's mind by the way?? Seriously, if this is a glimpse into the future of feedback, that is ridiculous. :shake

· Registered
9,398 Posts
I left feedback this morning and didn't get that-UGH

stupid, why must they make this so Facking complicated?!?!?!?

· Registered
6,056 Posts
hmm, i don't even know what to say about that. I can see how it is frustrating as a good buyer who doesn't get feedback but I think it would be less motivation for the buyer to leave feedback for the sellers..or even + feedback. It seems to me that they'd be more apt to leaving neutral or negative for any little thing. :IDK: maybe I didn't read it right.

I used ebay this a.m. and I didn't get that survey though..

· Registered
2,885 Posts
I think that's a little whack. Maybe they could give the seller of leaving feedback about how fast the buyer paid, how fast they responded to emails, overall transaction etc - pretty much how buyers can rate sellers now.

I seriously think retaliatory feedback should be reviewed though.

· Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I looked in "feedback forum" on ebay and it seems a lot of other people got the survey as well- some in favor of it but seems majority are not (with good reason).

Retaliatory feedback stinks, I agree. My only neg is a retaliatory neg from a seller that was booted off ebay too! STILL makes me angry to this day. Anyways, I wish they could review it but I understand its a tough job. But this does not seem to be a good solution.

· Premium Member
26,101 Posts
oh great! This will be a terrific system. Really screw sellers over good. Now when I get a negative when the buyer doesn't read the description I cannot leave a negative for them???? Yeah that sounds reasonable. WTF! This is almost as bad as the new my eBay they are rolling out! That is a jumble F-d up mess!:shake

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.