Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is Lucky Brand jeans considered "designer"?
In Macy's it is around the same vicinity as "status denim"

I personally don't see much about it. (except for the "lucky you" in the fly is cute :roll)

Other assumptions:

Seven
A&F (I don't see what's so great about their denim. their size 00 STILL doesn't fit me.)
AE

others?

· Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nope not at all. Luckys never fit me anyways...seems they're cut for the no ass, straight-waisted type. And AF vanity sizes like a mother...I was wearing a 6 when I should have been a 9.
yes ohh my gosh their vanity sizing is CRAZY. Mostly in denim. 00s feel like 25 or 26. But I don't like their washes/cuts anyways. They charge $20+ extra for destroyed jeans. :shake
I don't see it much in their shirts. But shirts stretch way more.

· Registered
5,487 Posts
I have a couple of A&F jeans to bum around in (i.e., work in the yard, paint, yada yada). I think it's crazy that A&F will charge 120+ for some of their jeans. I rather dish out a couple more dollars for a pair of premiums or in our case, search ebay and such for better deals (!!!!).

· Registered
4,016 Posts
i would consider J & Company "tier B" premium (a term that i have learned here)

btw, what is so special about lucky jeans? i have seen them before and i don't find them to be that impressive

uh OH, i just read that other thread. don't get me wrong, i am NOT poking fun at these other brands.

· Registered
6,721 Posts
^In junior high I remember Lucky's were top of my wish list - Back then the baggy look was in style & they just looked awesome to me at the time. $80 seemed like a rediculous amount to spend for a pair of jeans. The ones I had did last me a long time & did not fall apart in the wash like other cheap juniors brands.
I went to the Lucky store last year and the prices are too expensive considering you can get premium for not that much more. I don't see people wearing Luckys nearly as much as I used to.

· Registered
2,490 Posts
i don't consider any of 'em premium either. i do own a pair of af jeans...its has these rhinestones on the back pockets that i thought was oh so cute when i bought em--oh, probably less than 3 years ago--but i haven't worn em in forever. really should donate it...

· Banned
21,196 Posts
My sister wears Luckys and loves them. Dang, she is a very petite girl (00) so I can't imagine what size she wears!!

I still have and wear Gap and Levi's skinnies...
00? :twitch

get her into some size 23 RR! no one with that kind of body should be wearing Luckys! :shake

· Registered
674 Posts
Around here:

A & F / Guess/ Hollister = Premium in Junior High School

Lucky/ 7 / = Premium in High School

Most of the kids at my my kids HS know the crowns when my dd wears them but a bunch have no idea what her other R & R's or the TR are. And almost none of the boys recognise my son's TR's.

My favorite was when limited 2 was premium in 5th & 6th grade. :D that little kid stuff is too cute!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.