Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two years ago I was pretty much obsessed with designer clothes. I will spend $500 on clothes every week, which some of them still sitting in my closet untouched with the tags still on.

Now, I'm completely out of addiction.
In my case, it was all about INSICURITIES. I'm intimidated by anyone who possesses an excess of anything I lack. To be able to feed my insicurities is to buy clothes.

What's your story?
Have you overcome it?

BTW, this year I bought my first condo and also saving up some money for travelling abroad. Not bad investment for a guy that will be turning 20 this month,eh?

·
Premium Member
32,335 Posts
Are you independently wealthy to afford dropping 500 per week just on useless clothes at the age of 20?

What kind of job do you have?

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
I do remember when I was depressed I would go out and buy things but it didn't make me feel any better so I returned it all. I've made it a habit to save my receipts because I can change my mind in an instant. If I like something I buy it. I don't call it an addiction because I'm not obsessed with making sure I have more than the next person. I also try not to live above my means, I've been there and don't want to be there again. If I can't afford something then I don't buy it. I would rather put food on the table than to look at a closet full of stuff. I'm sorry but I do not make that much money to spend it like it's nothing.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I started working at the age of 15 and saved money.

I would spend my whole paycheque buying useless clothes plus I would take from my savings.

I'm still doing a menial labour job.

·
Registered
355 Posts
:rofl

This reminds me of ...... A few years ago ..... I was really into dvd movie collecting.... got so bad ... that I actually opened up a video rental store. At least something good came out of spending thousands on things I only used half the time.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Are you independently wealthy to afford dropping 500 per week just on useless clothes at the age of 20?
that's what i was thinking ... probably lives at home though = no bills to pay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts