Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. So I could not help buying these two pairs of TR on ebay. But now that I have received them, I have high doubts. I need someone's advice if they are authentic. Here are the links. Thanks!

JOEY SUPER T 1. I was under impression that all Joeys are flare jeans, but these are more of a skinny/slim fit. However, they are true to size. 2. The rivets do not have the horseshoe stamp on the back. 3. Row says 29... I thought women's jeans don't announce what size you wear (unless they are actually men's?) 4. RN#112790 and CA#30427 and bottom third tag says CUT#600557, STYLE#24-870BRBTE, PO#51161, and under "made in usa" CA#30427 (Not sure if this helps). 4. Last, I later noticed this sellers has several TR at great prices. My gut is telling me that it is fake, but in the end, I am no expert.

True Religion Women's Jeans size 29 Joey Super T Jeans - eBay (item 310334425608 end time Aug-01-11 16:34:41 PDT)

BOBBY 1. The rivets do not have the horseshoe stamp on the back, but they do say TRBJ and horseshoe stamp in front. Not sure if it is like this because it is a older version perhaps? 2. RN# 112790 and bottom tag says CUT#600188, STYLE#04-500EBC and under "made in usa" CA#30427

*~*TRUE RELIGION WOMENS LOW RISE FLARE JEANS SIZE 31*~* - eBay (item 150629376122 end time Aug-01-11 09:04:03 PDT)

·
Premium Member
34,070 Posts
Yucky. Contact the sellers, state that you are 100% certain the items are illegal counterfeits (use these exact terms) and expect a full refund of all costs involved in the transaction, including the cost to return their illegal merchandise to them if they want it back. If they refuse, file an ebay/paypal dispute and escalate it immediately.

Welcome to AF (I think you bought something from me last week too :rofl) and sorry you found us this way :(

·
Registered
112 Posts
There are some helpful stickies in these forums to get you started on the basics of spotting fakes. It takes a while to get a good feel for spotting the better made fakes, but you should be able to stop buying the really bad fakes almost immediately. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
suggestions to never do this again

Yes I bought The Great China Wall A-pockets from you. Very nice by the way, thank you.

So just that I know, my reasons that I listed for each pair of pants, are they correct? Or did you guys notice something directly from the pictures that I was completely oblivious to?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
First pair, aside from the fact that as you stated Joey are flare and these aren't - the horsheshoe shape on pockets is completely off, and stitching is bad; the second also has a wrong horseshoe shape (that's how I can tell most fakes - and I am no expert either :eek:)

Sorry this happened to you. Hope you can get your money back. Let us know how this turns out, ok?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts