Authentic Jeans Forums banner

161 - 180 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
Just chiming in to say that many times doctors will not touch another surgeon's job. I would look into that. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. It's a big decision.

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
One of my Coworkers was talking about this the other day. I posed the questions "what happens when you finance your boob job and you default in your payments...does someone get to repossess them?". Then he started to talk about how his sister had them done and got a warranty on her boobs.

But with financing they must use something else as collateral.
LOL......no, they couldn't come and "repossess" implants. :magwink
I worked for my Dad for years (he is a dentist) and, of course, same went for crowns/veneers, etc. :D

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Sorry for the necropost, but I wanted to update everyone that I had the surgery on the 21st and am healing very quickly. I am just waiting for them to drop so they look natural as I'm kind of sporting the cone-bra Madonna look right now.

Thank you all for reading and contributing. Joan, thank you for taking an interest in the underlying issues behind my incentive for surgically altering my body, I did take it to heart and will continue to work on my body image issues.

:love:love:love:love I have missed AF.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Congrats on getting the surgery and take care of yourself while you heal. One of my best friends just had hers done and even though I can't really tell the difference, it's really nice that she is more confident than ever.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Sorry for the necropost, but I wanted to update everyone that I had the surgery on the 21st and am healing very quickly. I am just waiting for them to drop so they look natural as I'm kind of sporting the cone-bra Madonna look right now.

Thank you all for reading and contributing. Joan, thank you for taking an interest in the underlying issues behind my incentive for surgically altering my body, I did take it to heart and will continue to work on my body image issues.

:love:love:love:love I have missed AF.
I am glad that you are healing ok. I don't know anything about cosmetic surgery but I am sure that it was emotionally and physically hard so congrats on the new look.

·
Denim Goddess
14,606 Posts
glad to hear everything is going well so far :) i wish you a speedy recovery

·
Denim Goddess
7,927 Posts
I hope you have a completely uneventful and quick recovery! And I hope it does help make the changes you were hoping for. :love

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
Thank you all for your support :love It means a lot to me. I know boobs aren't THE answer to my problems, but maybe they'll help me feel like I don't have to weigh in the double digits to have a cute figure.

Again, much :love:love:love:love:love. You gals are the greatest!!

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
I'm glad you did what you wanted to do and didn't let someone talk you out of it. Everyone knows surgery has risks and if that's a risk that you were willing to take, so be it.
Reading this thread with all its holier than thou judgments upon your decision just makes me mad. :roll
I fully understand what you mean about going to an PS in Asia though, one of my friends had her eyelid/nose job done in the US and it just looked plain bad on her, simply because the surgeon wasn't really versed in dealing with ethnic/epicanthic folds and the tip implant he used on her nose was too high profile. I think at the end of the day asians have a distinct look and instead of trying to "caucasianize" her face, he should have tried to focus more on the total harmony/proportions of her face.

Anyhoo... how many cc's did you go with? I hope you're wearing those compression garments, they should help the breasts drop naturally after surgery and prevent contracture :)

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
I'm glad you did what you wanted to do and didn't let someone talk you out of it. Everyone knows surgery has risks and if that's a risk that you were willing to take, so be it.
Reading this thread with all its holier than thou judgments upon your decision just makes me mad. :roll
I fully understand what you mean about going to an PS in Asia though, one of my friends had her eyelid/nose job done in the US and it just looked plain bad on her, simply because the surgeon wasn't really versed in dealing with ethnic/epicanthic folds and the tip implant he used on her nose was too high profile. I think at the end of the day asians have a distinct look and instead of trying to "caucasianize" her face, he should have tried to focus more on the total harmony/proportions of her face.

Anyhoo... how many cc's did you go with? I hope you're wearing those compression garments, they should help the breasts drop naturally after surgery and prevent contracture :)
It makes me really sad when asian girls feel the need to make themselves look more Caucasian. I knew a lot of girls back in Canada who would want to get their eyes done and noses done so that they could look more white.

I think Asian women are so beautiful that I wish they didn't feel that way!! If anything i wish i could look more asian instead of Caucasian!

I am glad the surgery went well! Keep us updated on your healing progress!

I am thinking of getting mine done this summer but i have to wait until i loose the weight that i was to so that i can get an accurate size (i was once a DD and am now down to a small B cup due to weight loss and i feel very disproportionate so i do understand how you felt)

·
Registered
8,528 Posts
Whoa, that study that Zephyr7 posted on page 2 is very interesting.
However, the study reveals that the suicide rate among women with breast implants is 73% higher than in the general population. These findings are published in a recent issue of the American Journal of Epidemiology.
This is a pretty astounding figure. I am not a parent but I can say that I would not pay for my daughter's boob job because it would make her "happier." This study above proves that these are self esteem issues that are much deeper then being solved with a bigger cup size. I think counseling would be a much wiser investment!

OP, I hope your surgery recovery goes well. I really hope that you realize that your physical appearance is not all that you have to offer so there shouldn't be so much emphasis on it. I hope that you can find happiness and feelings of self worth outside of what you look like.
Also to quote you here:
I know boobs aren't THE answer to my problems, but maybe they'll help me feel like I don't have to weigh in the double digits to have a cute figure.
99% of women with the most amazing bodies do not weigh in the double digits!!! Okay, I will stop now.

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
It makes me really sad when asian girls feel the need to make themselves look more Caucasian. I knew a lot of girls back in Canada who would want to get their eyes done and noses done so that they could look more white.

I think Asian women are so beautiful that I wish they didn't feel that way!! If anything i wish i could look more asian instead of Caucasian!
I know girls that have gotten eyelid surgery, and seriously, it's not about looking Caucasian at all. A lot of them have dopey lids that fall over their eyes, and they just want it pulled back so they don't look drunk/sleepy all the time. Definitely help you when you get older as well, when the top eyebag starts to sag more.

I would get my eyes down because my lids are FAT.
They look like they're swollen all the time.. :twitch
Oh well... eyelid tape! Haha.

·
Denim Goddess
14,606 Posts
^ I don't need to do this since I have double eyelids, but my friend used the glue thing for a while and now it just stays like that without the help of glue - it was like getting surgery done without the surgery, she was pretty happy about it.. have you tried it?

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Whoa, that study that Zephyr7 posted on page 2 is very interesting.

This is a pretty astounding figure. I am not a parent but I can say that I would not pay for my daughter's boob job because it would make her "happier." This study above proves that these are self esteem issues that are much deeper then being solved with a bigger cup size. I think counseling would be a much wiser investment!

OP, I hope your surgery recovery goes well. I really hope that you realize that your physical appearance is not all that you have to offer so there shouldn't be so much emphasis on it. I hope that you can find happiness and feelings of self worth outside of what you look like.
Also to quote you here:

99% of women with the most amazing bodies do not weigh in the double digits!!! Okay, I will stop now.
Very very true!!! I know a woman who has the figure that i want (she does have implants though) and he is 5'4" 145lbs solid muscle (but she looks amazing!).

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
OP Im happy that you are healing nicely. I used to want implants...like up until last year,but now I dont.I'm in my 40s and I believe I would have to go through more to qualify for the surgery (tests) so it's not that important anymore. I'm the only flat chested female on both sides if my family.

161 - 180 of 199 Posts