Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so its starting to get reallllly cold here in Italy, and I have been wearing my one leather jacket everywhere. It is sfam and dark brown, here is a pic.

Problem is, I am a moron when it comes to coordinating leather (ie, bags, shoes - should they match?). I brought a very sparse wardrobe, so I need to invest in some boots as well as a purse that does not look really stupid with this jacket. Any suggestions? Should I just stick to non-leather shoes and get a neutral colored purse? I have some slouchy boots already, but the color really clashes.

I now have the perfect excuse to do some serious shopping this weekend in Florence, I just need help knowing what to invest in :p

tia :)

·
Registered
8,530 Posts
No bags and shoes should not be matchy matchy. Any neutral is fine. You do not have to worry about fabric either, just do not wear leather pants and a leather jacket, otherwise you are fine.

·
Premium Member
32,335 Posts
Now I feel like I am TC, but I am going to answer the OP question:magwink

Personally I would match to a degree.
The entire outfit should coordinate in some cohesive way IMO.

Get a two toned bag, and shoes.
A classic LV sig bag, if you can afford one is a perfect example of a multi toned neutral that will tie in your jacket and shoes, without being matchy-matchy.
IE you could do black shoes and a multi toned bag and it will all work together all the time.

Between the jacket, shoes and bag, at least two should be closely coordinated in some way, and the third can be a pop of something else.

IMO.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^ ty!!

this is kinda what I was thinking, black boots and a bag that would tie them together a bit, but I was always taught never to mix brown and black. (not sure where I heard that though...)

I should stay away from other shades of brown then, right?

·
Registered
18,385 Posts
I think black boots and a lighter, almost cool beige/creamy colored bag would look nice with the brown. The brown looks like a cool brown on my monitor, so I think getting another shade of cooler brown would work well :)

·
Registered
9,935 Posts
get a burgundy bag.

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
Not sure about Florence but down in Trastevere section of Rome...there are TONS of little shops iwht lots of high-quality leather goods...they used to be great prices in 2001 - and yoju would have to haggle a bit, but def. worth it.

Anyhow...I agree with a two-toned LV style bag...but nothing colorblocked a la' 1984 :rofl. I like warm brown with burgundy and cream. your jacket would go great with a caramel-colored bag, too. Great thing about camel or caramel colored leather is that as it ages and the oils from your body/hands rub off the color deepens...wears in a bit, adds to the charm. :thumbsup

1 - 13 of 13 Posts