Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in a bit of a tough situation here so i need a little advice as to what the best course of action is...long post alert!:rofl

Right now, I'm 20 years old working full time at a mechanical contractors office as an office manager and going to school full time taking 5 classes as well, majoring in Forensic Toxicology. My boss loves me and the way that i work, etc. but recently its been really stressful at work, and since i don't have all of my time and energy to dedicate to work, its starting to suffer. I recently found out that come Fall 2008 i will have to start taking these ridiculously long science classes (7 hours a week per class) that is essential to get my degree, which will not allow me time to work here at all. I don't know if i should say something now, or wait a little while longer to tell them that i wont be able to continue here much longer. I'm afraid that they will adjust my salary and start demoting me from now, right when I'm trying to save up for being unemployed. I really like my job, but i also like the idea of not being stressed out all the time and having time to study besides 3am every night. Should i tell them now or wait???? What do you guys think...:confused::confused:

·
Registered
492 Posts
I wouldn't imagine they would start cutting back your salary or demoting you. If this is something you are really concerned about, then pick a quit date and give them a 2 week notice before that date, which is standard practice.

If it were me, I would concentrate on school. If you need extra money, you could find a part-time job or maybe your boss would be willing to work something out with you.

·
Registered
23,935 Posts
If you want to KEEP the job, then don't tell them yet. Give two weeks notice when the time comes. If you are too stressed, then why don't you cut your hours or something.

Its tough, but you will make it!

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
^ i agree. that is too far in the future to notify them now.

i'd say a majority of us (forum members) worked full time and took a full class load for undergrad and even grad work- so we feel your pain!

you can do it, and it's very much worth it in the long run.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts