Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm tired of ordering jeans from the USA. The exchange rate is awesome, but customs always charges me 20% upon delivery. Does anyone know of any Canadian sites tha sell authentic denim??

· Registered
1,090 Posts
ssense.com
Can't remember if they had TRs though.. They have Diesels, COHs, and 7FAMs for sure and at Canadia retail price, shich, IMO, still more expensive after the 20% custom fees.

· Registered
7,576 Posts
What if someone ships it as a "gift" with no tags? How would they charge you? I do this for a few AF'ers and always wondered if they still had to pay. I ship USPS to them.

· Registered
7,576 Posts
Hmm, I heard that if you mark "gift" and take the price off and mark the value low then you don't get charged...or it's very low. But I also heard NOT to use UPS. I use USPS. There are many Canadian members here, we should do a poll.

· Premium Member
32,334 Posts
USPS. They didn't mark it as a gift though. Needless to say, I was pretty pissed.
Sellers are taking big risks, however unbeknownst to them, by marking items as 'gifts' when they are not, and lowering values.

Its against the law here in the US, and the risk is a possible huge fine for the sender and then HEAVY scrutiny on all future shipments across border.

Buy retail if you do not like the laws of your own country or work to change your own laws.
http://www.authenticforum.com/general-discussion/14920-seller-shipping-info.html

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.