Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a buyer that wants to send a money order from Canada. I would like to be able to ship the item out as soon as I recieve the money order but can't because it has to clear the bank (so many fakes). Canadian postal money orders cannot be verified by phone if the amount is under $100 right? Is there another type of money order that I would be able to verify? I appreciate any help.:love

·
Premium Member
26,102 Posts
make sure its in US $. Some money orders can take 20+ days to clear even if you receive the funds in your bank ... they can still take them back. Check the money order for security features like watermarks. Also there are guides online on how to spot fake money orders just google it.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
make sure its in US $. Some money orders can take 20+ days to clear even if you receive the funds in your bank ... they can still take them back. Check the money order for security features like watermarks. Also there are guides online on how to spot fake money orders just google it.
Thanks. I guess I will just have to wait the 20 odd days or less. I remember getting a Canadian postal money order before and there was a 800 number that I could call to verify the numbers on it and make sure it was real. The only problem is that it was less than $100 and they don't keep track of those. It was real and it did clear the bank. My bank always calls me when foreign money orders clear so I guess thats a plus. They also did not apply it to my account until that time and thats one of the reasons I use a small credit union instead of one of those giant rip off banks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts