Authentic Jeans Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a store card, Bon-Ton through HSBC. Well last statement as soon as the statement was available online I paid the whole thing off. I carried a balance on it for 3 months. Well I NEVER got an email with a new statement for this month and didn't think anything about it because I paid it off. ANd today I get an email saying my payment is OVERDUE!!! It was due of $.90 on the 2nd!!!!!
So I pay it online. I'm going to call the 1800 number but no one ever speaks english and doesn't understand what I'm talking about half the time.
Am I going to get a 30 day??? I've never been late on any card before!!! I know HSBC is a bitch to deal with too.
What can I do?

·
Premium Member
12,018 Posts
huh?

It sounds like the amount that was "left over" was interest accrued from the end of the billing date to the date you paid (there's always a few days in between). For example, your billing period may have ended on the 15th of the month, but your statement became available on the 30th. You owe interest from the 15th through the 30th.

Do you get paper statements or anything? You can call them and fight it, but I'm not sure what good that will do.

Whenever you pay off anything in full, make sure you check to see that any overdue interest is paid as well :magwink

·
Banned
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't get paper statements :( I just get them e-mailed to me. I was trying to go green lol! I never ever recieved a statement from them in my email. I just checked again :(

·
Banned
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was wondering if since I paid late if it's going to show up on my credit report.
I gotta call HSBC on my lunch and find out what happened. And hopefully since I've never been late before they won't add it to my credit report

·
Premium Member
26,102 Posts
PROTIP: You should check your accounts a few times a month anyways to make sure there are no unauthorized charges. With all the stolen CC data floating around the market today you never know when you could become a victim of ID theft. Many times the companies lose data and then don't report it. You have to be vigilant about checking to make sure your accounts that are not being used ...

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Yup that happened to me once too- I wrote out a check for $0.30 or something. It has to do with how they run your billing cycles. I am forgetting it all now but I did research back when this happened and found they are basically two types of cycles credit companies use and this particular one is not good because it carries forward like that. I ended up getting rid of the card because I don't want to deal with that BS.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
If your question is, "can they do this?", the answer is "yes".
To elaborate...

They have been doing it for a long time, and in your contract that you sign when you take out the card you agree to this. It's not a scam or a surprise. It didn't jump out and go Boo!

How old are you, btw?

This is why parents should teach children the proper way to go about using and paying off credit cards so when you get a 30 cent finance charge they do go and cry wolf.

·
Banned
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would have paid the fee but I never got a statement saying I owed money. I'm 24. I know how to use a credit card. I just don't want a bad credit card report. I know if you've never been late and always paid on time sometimes they won't give you a 30 day on your credit. I just mean with credit as tight as it is, ya know? Plus HSBC has ton of rules for this store charge. Like you basically gotta pay your bill at least a week before it's due even in store. SO they have time to process it or it will be counted as late. Or you can pay $20 extra to rush payment it the same day.
I go to lunch in 10 minutes I'm going to call and then close that account.

·
Banned
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm not saying it's not my fault for not checking. I'm just upset cause I never got a statement from them saying anything was due.
Basically I just want to know if it's going to be on my credit?

And yes eatting and talking to people who don't speak english will solve lifes problems lol

·
Banned
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm new here. Haven't been mean to anyone. I ask a question because I'm worried about getting a bad credit rating. I asked about a dumb project in my community college blow off course and I feel like I'm being accused of something. I've been nothing but nice here and I ask for help and it's like I'm getting yelled at. I've had credit cards since I was 18. I've never been late. I usually don't carry a balance over either. Either way, the lady said there wouldn't be a 30 day she'd put a note in my account. She said since it was my first time being late with there company they'll wave it. She also said for future reference there is no grace periods. And my card is paid and closed :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts