Authentic Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who says that TR manufactures Big Stars?? Is this true?? and if they do why wouldn't they use it to their advantage by way of marketing?? kwim??

Thoughts?? :eek:

Thanks in advance!!!

Cee

·
Registered
24,037 Posts
Never even heard of Big Star.
They sell them at Buckle. They retail in the $100-$125 range. They actually have some unique/cool washes but I have never heard that they were made by TR and I doubt they are. I have tried to buy a couple pair because I liked the washes but they just don't fit me right so I gave up.

To the OP: Sales associates usually don't know shit. They'll tell ya anything to sell you something.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Yep, I was with a friend this weekend that plunked down $156 for a pair of them. I wanted to try a pair on since I thought the stitching was cool and the wash was different, but I don't need any more addictions.

The sales girls couldn't get past the fact that I was in there wearing my RR Control Breaks and they didn't even encourage me to try them on at all. Nice looking jeans, but still not TR in any way. I did like the fact that they came in 3 lengths though..........:eek:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Buckle is like crack to me - I've gotten all my Remetee, Affliction and Big Star there. For me my two vintage Big Stars are muck around jeans - if I'm going out I usually stick to the PD but I actually really like my big stars. Gotta admit I like Rock Revival too.

Just a hunch but from the designs/quality I assume that Rock Revival and Miss Me are made by the same manufacturer and that BKE brand is made by the Big Star manufacturer....?....

·
Registered
971 Posts
The Buckle :love- It's a magnet for me like Nordstrom's. I actually got the coolest sweater last time for around $50, but I do have my $300 visits.

I like Rock Revival. I had two pair, but I sold one because I never got around to wearing them after I discovered TR and PRPS. They have lots of cool details and are super comfy. Still they are around $150 so they can cost more than TR on sale at Nordies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts