Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some member wants to buy a pair of TR from me and wants to pay via bank deposit. How safe is it? I usually take payment through paypal so I am so unfamiliar with bank deposit payments!

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Some member wants to buy a pair of TR from me and wants to pay via bank deposit. How safe is it? I usually take payment through paypal so I am so unfamiliar with bank deposit payments!
Sounds like a Scammer. Do not give him any of your bank details. Someone cannot make a deposit into your bank account without your ABA Routing# and Acct# and I sure as hell wont give that info to some stranger on the internet, possible scammer posing as a buyer.
Ask the buyer to pay with Paypal or Bidpay but do not under any circumstances reveal your bank details.

·
Registered
9,149 Posts
Did you specify what kind of bank deposit? Wire like Western Union or they are actually going to deposit the money in your account? If it's the latter, I'd say no because no way I would give out my bank account number to anyone.

Is your buyer in Canada as well?

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Did you specify what kind of bank deposit? Wire like Western Union or they are actually going to deposit the money in your account? If it's the latter, I'd say no because no way I would give out my bank account number to anyone.

Is your buyer in Canada as well?
Even for wire transfer you need a Routing# and Acct# and I would not recommend giving that info to some stranger who could be a scammer. He/She now has your bank acct# & routing# andd can initiate fraudulent transactions.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
This is not to disagree with the notion that this may be a scammer, but you give out your bank info to every single person/place you write a check to. It's not very secret
I agree on the check thing. But this sounds way too fishy for me that someone would want to make a direct bank deposit.

·
Registered
9,149 Posts
Even for wire transfer you need a Routing# and Acct# and I would not recommend giving that info to some stranger who could be a scammer. He/She now has your bank acct# & routing# andd can initiate fraudulent transactions.
You can send money through WU without giving out account info.

While account info is not much of a secret, the problem (to me) is the bank teller. I deposit cheques for my brother when he's out of town on a regular basis, I cannot even tell you how many times the teller just printed off a slip with his account balance and had no problem handing it off to me. Another time I owed my friend money while I was traveling. When I came home, I deposited some money back in his account, again the bank teller (different bank) handed me a mini statement with his account balance on it! I definitely do not want to share my bank balance to someone I'm just doing business with online!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts