Authentic Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not yet. Do I need an authentic letter to open a dispute? Do I need anything to prove that they are not authentic? Thanks. :)

·
Registered
572 Posts
^ I haven't even needed to file a dispute before... I called up eBay, told them the problem and they immediately sent me a refund.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^But I read on my other thread that if I won the paypal dispute regarding authenticity I don't have to ship them back. I need to ship them from Canada. :(

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Sometimes Paypal will ask you to destroy them, sometimes you must ship them back with tracking. I've always been asked to ship back.

I've never used a letter before, filed and won three disputes (before I knew much about authenticity)

·
Registered
177 Posts
It's irrelevant, as people have said, whether the pics were real. The item wasn't. It's clear, here.

Under Ebay rules, if you think an item is fake but have no proof, then it has to be shipped back at your expense, though Ebay may refund you at their discretion. The only sanction against the seller is that they aren't meant to relist, and of course you get refunded. If you can provide written evidence, then apparently you don't have to send it back, and have to undertake to destroy it instead (or send it back to "the rights owner" though I can't imagine in this instance they'd want it, either).

Where the seller is not able to satisfy the buyer’s concerns that the item is not authentic, buyers may be required to send the item back to the seller (where eBay elects to exercise its discretion). Costs of return shipping may be paid by the buyer or eBay, in our sole discretion, unless otherwise agreed upon by the buyer and seller. Due to the unresolved dispute regarding the authenticity of the item, sellers must not later list, advertise or offer for sale the item on any eBay site or service around the world (including our subsidiaries, joint ventures and other members of the eBay corporate family).

Buyers are not obligated to provide third-party confirmation that an item is counterfeit to open a claim. However, in some cases, a buyer may have written confirmation that the item is counterfeit from a reliable third party (such as the manufacturer or law enforcement). In those cases, buyers agree to cooperate with eBay to ensure the proper disposal of the counterfeit item. For example, buyers may be asked to certify that the item has been destroyed or send the item to the rights owner or other appropriate third party for disposal. Any costs associated with this destruction or disposal may be paid by eBay, in our sole discretion.
That being the case, it might be worth heading over to the general threads, because someone is already asking the same question there. And the site owner here, Idalis, writes letters for you to provide to Paypal, the info is here. I believe she is a VERO member, which means Ebay take her word for it if she tells them an item is or is not genuine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts