Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased these for my son (seller stated they were for boys but they actually say GIRLS right on them) What do you think, are they authentic? They are stamped damage on the inside because of the loose threads on the inseam. I am not perfect at authenticating by any means and since this is the first pair of toddler TR jeans I have ever seen in person I want to make sure they are authentic. Thanks!

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
real imo, but are the inseams whacked and patched?

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
good to go

·
Registered
24,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
real imo, but are the inseams whacked and patched?

I have no idea what the heck happened to the inseams. When I turn them inside out they look perfect, no patches. They have the double stitching and it is sewn down on the inside seam (shown on the right in the pictures) but not out the outside one, in those spots. So it isn't a hole in those spots. However, on the areas that aren't sewn down, they are all frayed. I can sew them back down in those areas but most of the fraying will still show I think. Who knows what happened to them? lol. But I guess it will be ok, the rest of the jeans have that distressed look to them so it kinda makes them look unique.

So do you think it would be too weird if I let my son wear these even though they say girls? The seller did state that they were for boys. The seller also pictured a different pair that were 'less' damaged then these. After purchasing them the seller listed another and used the same picture so I am sure I didn't get the ones pictures.

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
EASY fix!!!!

outer seam came unthreaded, sew it back on, cut the fray excess, and apply fray-block, ( found at your local wal-mart)

·
Registered
24,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
EASY fix!!!!

outer seam came unthreaded, sew it back on, cut the fray excess, and apply fray-block, ( found at your local wal-mart)
I have no sewing skills whatsoever (and no sewing machine). Do you think it would look horrid if I tried to hand stitch these myself? I will go try to find some of the fray-block at Wal-Mart later tonight.

·
Registered
24,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Those would look perfect on my littlest daughter... Cute!:love
Well I will let you know if they look too girly on my son once I get them all fixed. I haven't even tried them on him yet. If his Daddy sees that they say girls on them he is going to flip. Actually, when he sees that I bought TR for our baby he is going to flip. lol.

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
I have no sewing skills whatsoever (and no sewing machine). Do you think it would look horrid if I tried to hand stitch these myself? I will go try to find some of the fray-block at Wal-Mart later tonight.
It is such a small area that hand sewing will be fine.

It is a thick part though, so get you a thimble so you thumb will not hurt when pushing the needle:magwink

·
Banned
4,287 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it - Peyton had a pair that said "girls." They're so cute!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts