·
Registered
1,946 Posts
first ones are fake. #2 look okay imo.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
upon further inspection... I have actually noticed the first person's auctions before and thought how fake they were lol

i think i may make an offer on the second one, but im not sure about the wash...

·
Registered
721 Posts
I'm still a newbie at authenticating but I was wondering how you guys can tell the first pair is fake. A girl at my work was wearing what looked like the wash on the first pair and I think they were fake because she said her friend "got them at wholesale." But I couldn't tell if they were fake just basing it on the shape of the R, which is what I usually go by.

Are these supposed to be faked Dorados? On this particular pair, would you base it on the R&R tag on the right back pocket and the whiskering?

TIA

·
Registered
8,760 Posts
I say the first are fakes due to the wash, the hems, and the Rs.....the R&R leather hang tag on the first pair is real, they just took them off a real pair and put them on those fakes.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I could only tell about the wash after I compared it to the wash guide, but I still can't tell by the hem.

Thanks

edit: okay, now I see how the whiskering is fake from the close-up pic and the abrupt contrast from back to front of the jeans

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
To me, they're Dorados, so right there you have to be careful as Dorados are some of the most faked pairs, and a lot of the fakes are really close to the real thing. To me, it looks fake due to the wash. The whiskering on the front just doesn't look right, and the wash is sort of streaky. I can't tell the R's however due to the angle of the model's pose.

In fact when I see Dorados on eBay I immediately think fake first, and then look for the details that MIGHT make it real. Most other jeans I assume real first and then find the deails that make them look fake ;)

·
Registered
12,015 Posts
the Rs on real dorados are very bold the Rs on these are too mute and faded`

1 - 13 of 13 Posts