Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some douchebag stole my phone yesterday! :madbeating It's my fault I guess, as it had fallen out of my purse into the seat of my car and my window was cracked a wee bit. Obviously enough to allow my car to be unlocked and my cell phone grabbed!:cry

I've got another one coming, and I am using my Mother's for now, but it is such a pain. I hate the thought of people pilfering through all my texts, pictures and such, even though there is nothing in there of "questionable" nature. I freaking hate thieves.:shake And, this was on the small community college campus where I teach!

·
Banned
3,407 Posts
I never understand phone thefts. Maybe a GSM phone, but what do you do with a CDMA phone?

Don't people report stolen phones? If so how do they reactivate on a differnet account? If not, what's the use?

·
Registered
10,768 Posts
Someone just stole my sister's phone too! Right off her desk at the office. She's at a college too...a university :shake

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a co-worker who just got hers stolen too. I think they just add their sim card and the phone is good to go. Of course, that is only at&t for the sim cards.

Stupid thing is, it wasn't even an expensive phone!

·
Registered
697 Posts
I always wonder the same - mine was stolen like a month ago & I wondered whats the point of stealing one??? I had a RAZR, which I don't think you can re-insert your own SIM card :confused:

·
Registered
10,768 Posts
I've had a couple of my cell phones stolen too. I think they do it so that they can sell/pawn them.

·
Banned
3,407 Posts
^
Usually when you sell a phone on ebay, people ask for your key# and check with verizon if it is a stolen phone.

If you report your phone stolen, I don't think anyone will be successful in selling it on ebay.

·
Registered
10,768 Posts
People don't always sell their black market merchandise on ebay...

·
Registered
9,069 Posts
Its a rought time for everyone. I keep hearing stories of people being robbed and stores getting broken into:( Our store was broken into and robbed in the middle of the night about 2 weeks ago.:mad::mad:Desperate people do stupid things and we have to pay for it:madbeating People suck and make me sick. How hard is it to get a job and buy your own shit instead of stealing?!?!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts