Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I recently bought a pair of G-Star Jeans on eBay and I was wondering if anyone might be able to identify whether they are authentic or not. Also, I noticed something weird in that the tags state the size as W34 L32 but the jeans state the size as W34 L34. The seller says it's authentic, but this makes me skeptical. Here's the item listing: G-STAR Raw Black Denim Jeans Sz 34 - eBay (item 250740368744 end time Dec-14-10 14:30:06 PST)

If someone could also verify whether it is the "Hatch Tapered", that would be appreciated since I'm guessing the tags could be wrong.

Pics:

By the way, these are made in China, is that something to worry about? Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
129 Posts
It seems almost impossible to get an authentic NWT G Star for just $26. I can understand $60-70, but below that doesn't seem very realistic.

Anyway, let experts come in and check your pics!

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
It seems almost impossible to get an authentic NWT G Star for just $26. I can understand $60-70, but below that doesn't seem very realistic.
False. I find R&R, True Religion, Frankie B, etc. on a regular basis for $20-30. The economy blows and good deals are out there. The price someone pays for an item (especially on eBay) can have nothing to do with its authenticity.

I don't know if the jeans in question are authentic or not, but they very-well could be. Please wait for someone more knowledgeable in the brand to come along :)

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Even NWT stuff is going for cheap. This can happen when auctions are started at $.99; there's no guarantee you'll get what you'd like for the item, but you can't back out once it sells.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I got pretty lucky in getting it for such a low price, which of course leaves a big chance that they're not even authentic. Anyways, I thought that I'd just check with the experts here to see what they'd have to say!

·
Registered
130 Posts
G-star not only makes their stuff in china, theres lots of stores there too. If you go to their websites, under store locators, you will find plenty of them in china.

·
Registered
2 Posts
To the rescue...

Absolutely fake.
Sorry to say. Too many things wrong here!
We don't use cable ties EVER. The size tag is part of our wash label, never separate. Those buttons are used for one specific lines of jean, these aren't them. It says Hatch on the label, Elwood on the buckle and Raw Listing on the patch, all of these are different types of jean. We would never use 2 different zips on one jean, and we REARLY use zips for the fly. Last, but not least, the denim is awful. It's none treated so will bleed a LOT. doubt they'll last a few months.

Any G-Star questions, fire away.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks so much Raw Whore! Yeah, I'm a G-Star newbie but I knew something was definitely wrong when I first inspected it. I really appreciate the help!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
To the rescue...

Absolutely fake.
Sorry to say. Too many things wrong here!
We don't use cable ties EVER. The size tag is part of our wash label, never separate. Those buttons are used for one specific lines of jean, these aren't them. It says Hatch on the label, Elwood on the buckle and Raw Listing on the patch, all of these are different types of jean. We would never use 2 different zips on one jean, and we REARLY use zips for the fly. Last, but not least, the denim is awful. It's none treated so will bleed a LOT. doubt they'll last a few months.

Any G-Star questions, fire away.
I've got a question on how to authenticate g-star raw jeans. Ok tried messaging you, but am a new user so i can't (i guess?) Would you be able to messages me pleas? Thanks very much

1 - 15 of 15 Posts