Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am wondering about some brands of jeans & how popular you think they are currently. In college I used to work in a consignment store owned by my aunt & we sold some designer jeans there but it has been a few years, & I would like to do a little bit of selling again. I am interested in mens, womens & kids jeans. Thanks & have a nice day! -Ashley

Genetic Denim
Joes Jeans
Gold Sign
Antik Denim
James Jeans
Mek Jeans
AG Jeans
J Brand Jeans

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
IMO all the brands you have listed here aren't very popular any more. If you're looking for the most popular brands right now look for William Rast, True Religion, Diesel, Rock & Republic, and Seven For All Mankind. There are others but I would say these are the most popular. Just my opinion of course, others might disagree. It also depends on where you are located. If you are on the west coast there may be a lot more brands that are more popular there than other parts of the country.

·
Denim Goddess
14,606 Posts
I think Joe's are popular. I see them a lot more than I see, say R&Rs for example. I would say Joes > AG in terms of popularity in the general public.. but on this forum, it's the other way around :jumping

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
Everyone seems to love AG right now but I don't have a pair.

Funny that Joe's really haven't been popular but they still sell for a lot.

All the others are a no for sure although Mek's tend to fit good.

Except J Brand. Those are popular!

·
Registered
7,576 Posts
I love AG's new washes and Joe's fit. They seem to be simple, but flattering. I don't like J Brand on me at all.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
I love AG's new washes, the old ones, not so much.
J Brand is :love. Love the simplicity of them.
Joes are really popular around here. I haven't tried any of their newer styles/washes but I do have a couple of old pairs from like 4-5 years ago that never get worn.
As for the rest of those, no.

·
Registered
9,644 Posts
I disagree with the thought that all of those aren't popular.
IMO - J brands and AG are very popular right now - but they have to be the right style. The AG boyfriends and tomboys and the 17 year and other "year" washes are popular, and J brand skinny, legging, and cargos are very popular right now.

Mek jeans have done so so on ebay for me but they don't sell for anywhere near the prices you'll see for AG and J brand.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Of those brands listed, I like AG and J Brand because they're more accessible to me to find. The other brands I'm not able to try on as much. Some of the newer washes of Genetic seem very lustworthy but idk their fit or the quality of the denim, so I'm not as willing to buy them online. Antik has pretty funky designs and embroidery, and irl I've only encountered maybe 1-2 authentic pairs. The denim quality seemed good, but I'm not very able to find my size or a beguiling wash/style.

·
Registered
14,498 Posts
I'm hopping on the William Rast, True Religion, Rock & Republic train. And adding Frankie Bs to that list!

I haven't tried any of the brands you listed, I've seen a couple pairs I thougt were cute, but nothing I'd shell out the money for.

·
Other Handbag Brand Expert Asst.
1,167 Posts
If you really want to know, check completed listings on ebay. I know that a few years ago it was hard to get more than $30 for a pair of Genetic.

·
Premium Member
26,102 Posts
Whats popular and whats profitable and actually selling are 2 different things.

Your best bet is to do some thorough research on the brands are see what they are selling for. Some washes/cuts sell great others you would need to pay people to take. Its way to extensive to determine just by looking at the brand name alone.

lmspag stated 7 is popular, and it is, however resell value and the market is crap for most pairs.

Also your question will be answered based on what people on this forum like to wear. MEK jeans is stated as unpopular however they have good resale value. MissMe jeans would also be stated as unpopular however they also have good resale value. Very few people here are interested in MissMe jeans so very few people would say they like to wear them. Levis are popular but many are not profitable to resell on eBay.

·
Registered
738 Posts
In California-LA, Joe's are still really popular, as are AG, and while I have a lot of TR, 7FAM, and Paige, I also have about 12 pair of Joes and 15 of AG. Love them both, very comfy!
I love my JJ, super comfy.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
THank you for all your input! I think I will look for some Joes and J Brands. I used to have some J Brands but after the baby my body changed & they don't look as good on me now. Any way, thank you again!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts