Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ho hum...so excited to finally receive these in the mail today, and now I'm afraid they may be too big! My R&R's all range between a 25 and 27, so I assumed that a 1/2 size too big on a 26 would work fine, but I don't think it does.

Please let me know what you think...thank you! :)

·
Registered
7,576 Posts
They look too big IMO:( They are very pretty though.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I am going to have to agree with everyone, too big sorry:(

·
Denim Goddess
14,606 Posts
welcome to "my lush times are too big" club... mine are too big too :( but I'm getting them altered to fit me. I refuse to let them go! :devil

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all of the thoughts, everyone!

I've been wondering for a while whether a bunch of my jeans are too big or too small because they often have a bunch of wrinkles on the back upper thighs...does that usually mean too big or too small?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
welcome to "my lush times are too big" club... mine are too big too :( but I'm getting them altered to fit me. I refuse to let them go! :devil
Really? I didn't think of that!!! Is that a fairly simple process that always yields good results, or is it hit or miss on thigh altering? :)

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
I think if they have the wrinkles and they feel tight, they are too tight, if not, too loose. Too tight would be indent wrinkles that poke in at your thighs and look sausagey.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
way too big - btw what size are those? :whistle

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
darn haha.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think if they have the wrinkles and they feel tight, they are too tight, if not, too loose. Too tight would be indent wrinkles that poke in at your thighs and look sausagey.
It's strange because the butt and waist is always a nice fit, but almost ALL of my R&R's have horizontal wrinkles across the rear upper thighs...I hate it, but can't stop buying R&R and have learned to live with it...even though I'm either sizing them wrong or they just don't fit my body properly? I have about ten pairs, and the ONLY one that doesn't do that "wrinkle" is my amethyst keidis.

·
Denim Goddess
14,606 Posts
Really? I didn't think of that!!! Is that a fairly simple process that always yields good results, or is it hit or miss on thigh altering? :)
i have never done it myself, but i have a friend who is really skinny and needs to get pretty much every pair of jeans altered and you can't tell at all that they have been altered. If you are thinking of re-selling them later on, then it could definitely ding your price, but I think I would keep these forever - so I'm not worried about dinging my re-sell price. I rather get them altered to fit me (since it's a pretty simple procedure taking in the thighs) than sell them and not be able to find another pair. But I know most people would say, you should just leave it alone and sell it and find another pair, but I'm just too lazy to do that :jumping - because that means I would have to be on the lookout 24/7 for another pair!

·
Registered
593 Posts
^I feel exactly the same way! My lush times are a whole size down and the waist fits fine but I need the thighs taken in for sure. If I downsized again the waist would not fit.

Also most of my R&R's are like that too just not as drastic as my lush times. Most jeans in general I have do that to me and I just assumed it was my body and how most R&R's fit. I only have maybe 8 pairs of R&R but the only pair that does not do the baggy thing in the back at all is my vicodin fleurs. All my cheaper jeans do it too except one pair. I am kinda glad to hear you have the same problem and I am not alone :) I think I am going to just take carolicious's advice and try to have the thighs taken in and see if that helps. It would be great to have jeans look on me like they do on all the pretty butt pics on AF, I just have no butt or thighs, lol.

·
Denim Goddess
14,606 Posts
^ have you tried Roths? My kassandras fit horribly on me, but my roths fit like gloves!!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Almost all my pairs have the back utility pockets because I heard that it emphasizes the butt and makes it looks bigger to have something back there with some volume :) I have jimmy's, nirvana's, scorpion's etc. I have been wanting a pair of roths so that is good to know & will definitely be my next pair. I keep looking at my collection and can't beleive I have no pairs with R's on the back pockets lol. I just started collecting like 6 months ago so I am working on my collection. Thanks so much for the advice you are always so sweet! I may PM you for help in the future if that is alright? :)

·
Banned
442 Posts
They look too big in the butt.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts