Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of buying my first pair of Joeys in either Rinse or Dark Vintage, but I'm unsure of the sizing. I am a large 24/small 25. I have two other TRs, Johnny in Lonestar size 26 (which are kinda big in the waist, but tolerable since they are so stretchy) and Billy size 25 (these fit well and I don't think I could go any smaller). What size should I go with, a 24 or 25? (Oh and for reference, small butt and thighs). TIA!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Wow - this is a coincidence since I just bought my first pair of TR's and they were Joeys in Dark Vintage, the same ones you describe. And I too am a big 24 or a small 25, but I have a flat butt, average thighs and small to medium waist (5'3", 95 pounds, 24" waist, 33" hips).

I've been buying 24's in Antiks, the one time I bought a 25 it was too big. But I found the Joeys I wanted in size 25 on line, and the measurements seemed ok, so I got them. They are an excellent fit in the seat and thighs, a tad big in the waist (14.25"). .

I probably could have gone with a 24 but a lot of deep knee bends would be required. The 25's fit closely but aren't skin tight. Summary: I'm glad I got the 25's.

Hope this helps a bit with your decision. Like I say, really a coincidence.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^ wow. that is really weird. u could almost be my body twin.
thx! that was really helpful! i think i may stick with the 25s. my johnny's are quite snug in the thighs too, and i prefer not to have my blood circulation cut off at the knees. :rofl

1 - 4 of 4 Posts