Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
2,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I usually ship to Canada just regular mail and everyone seems to get it in a timely manner, however, I recently (Oct 24) shipped a pair of jeans to Canada using USPS Priority Mail International and the buyer still hasn`t gotten them yet.

Wouldn`t Priority shipping mean it would get to Canada faster not longer?

· Registered
1,560 Posts
Isn't there something going on with the Canadian postal system right now that is causing packages to get seriously delayed?

And a little OT.. but Jessica if by regular mail you mean "First Class" to Canada STOP NOW!! I got scammed out of $100 that way. :(

Oh unless you are talking about shipping things to relatives and such. :eek:

· Registered
2,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Isn't there something going on with the Canadian postal system right now that is causing packages to get seriously delayed?

And a little OT.. but Jessica if by regular mail you mean "First Class" to Canada STOP NOW!! I got scammed out of $100 that way. :(

Oh unless you are talking about shipping things to relatives and such. :eek:
mmm I dunno if it`s first class, it`s normally the 6-10 business day one, but yea after this experience I don`t think i want to ship to Canada anymore =(

· Registered
8,706 Posts
mmm I dunno if it`s first class, it`s normally the 6-10 business day one, but yea after this experience I don`t think i want to ship to Canada anymore =(
Nooooooooo :cry

· Banned
21,196 Posts
Canadian customs might be holding it up
yeah, bc their dollar is stronger than ours, canadians are buying TONS of crap from the US and getting it shipped over. the backlog is apparently over a month.

· Registered
4,016 Posts
on average i have received first class air mail faster than priority
priority takes FOREVER sometimes

a few weeks ago i received a package that took over a month to get from washington to ontario - it was at customs.

tell your buyer to wait some more

· Registered
8,927 Posts
on average i have received first class air mail faster than priority
priority takes FOREVER sometimes

a few weeks ago i received a package that took over a month to get from washington to ontario - it was at customs.

tell your buyer to wait some more
I agree. Customs tend to hole priority/express more often than not, while regular mail seems to go straight through

G

·
If its priority mail then you can track it - check the tracking information and I'll bet you'll see the most recent scan "in customs."

USPS has absolutely no control over how long it takes for your parcel to get through customs or how long it takes for the package to get from customs to your customer; USPS delivery times are only TO THE BORDER! After that the local postal service handles the package.

· Registered
44 Posts
I also shipped an item to Canada over a month ago and the buyer still has not received it! It is so ridiculous. I don't think I understand what customs are...is that where they sort of bill you for what you bought from the US and other countries?

· Registered
44 Posts
I have never traveled outside of the US, no.
Geebs, I never said I have never HEARD of customs, I just said I wasn't sure of what they do.

No worries, I looked up what customs are/what they do on Google..

· Registered
1,242 Posts
^the problem was that the post office lady said tracking is only available if i shipped it by express mail, so she didn`t give me number or anything.
Try entering the customs number - the one on the form you filled out, "CP... US".

· Registered
1,595 Posts
i loathe shipping to canada and ive shipped all over. One time i shipped two packages out at the same time, one to Canada and one to Belgium. The package got to Belgium in 5 days while the Canada package didnt arrive to the buyer until two weeks later. Go figure :rofl

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.