Authentic Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been in the midst of one of the most hellacious Ebay transactions over the last week and need some advice.

So, 3 weeks ago now I won and paid for a sweatshirt. The seller contacted me the following day and informed me she was mailing it out. Ok...fine & dandy. Only a week went by and nothing came so I politely asked her if she could provide me with a DC# so I could see where it was in the shipment process. She never replied. This went on for 5 days. Finally I contacted her again and very politely AGAIN :madbeating asked her to please let me know if she did not have a DC# to please provide me with the EXACT date she shipped and the shipment method she used. She contacted me the following day and said:

I will provide you with a DC# tomorrow, essentially.

I responded back, so that means you haven't even shipped yet, correct?

No response.

I waited 4 days with no response from her and finally told her (on a Tuesday) that if I hadn't received the item by Saturday that I expected a full refund or I would be getting in touch with Ebay/Paypal.

Again, no response. So I called her on Saturday when it did not arrive and told her that I had sent an email and never heard from her so wanted to let her know I expected a refund. She then backtracked and said she sent it out 2 weeks ago. When I asked her which shipment method she used and if she had a DC#, she screams into the background "FRANK! Did you get a DC# for that package?!" :bigeyes:eek: WHAT? So lies, all lies.

Anyway...the point. She refunded me thru paypal on Saturday, but it's been pending ever since. What I am wondering is do I wait patiently for it to go through, WITHOUT filing a dispute or do I file a dispute now? Technically I haven't received a refund, but I am still pretty new to Ebay so I have no idea what the etiquette would be in this situation.

And the naive person in me wants to believe she sent the damn package, although at this point I am doubting it was even sent...:shake

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, thanks Idalis. I was looking through her feedback and I saw that she has had another situation like this where getting payment back was a long process.

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not yet, but yesterday she was being REALLY rude so I sent her a message and said, "Fine...It's a waste of my time to deal with this. I will just be sure to leave negative feedback when the situation is resolved." Not even an hour later I got a completely different tone, very apologetic and said she is trying to figure out why the refund is still pending because she didn't refund via e-check. She says she has money in there, but Paypal wouldn't hold a refund if the funds were available, correct?

But yes, Maureen...to answer your question no matter how repentant or nice she is now, the damage has been done and I will be leaving a negative.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
what a nightmare ! hope it gets resolved soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts